Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you guys feel about training body parts twice a week?

StinkFist

That's the way I've always trained. Each body part twice a week. I'm thinking about changing up my routine. Should I stay with twice a week or try for once a week? and how about during a cycle? Does anybody go twice a week during a cycle?

In my opinion, if you are natural then you should hit each bodypart once a week. If you are on the juice then you can go for twice a week if you like.
However, if your routine is very basic(one or two exercises per body part, one for smaller, two for larger then twice a week is ok too.
Most people do not do 1 or 2 exercises per bodypart, so hit each bodypart only once, if they did twice, they would probably overtrain.

In the end of the day, it depends on your routine, genetics, and DRUGS

I used to do chest twice a week( I seemed to improve much more quicky this way than once a week), but then i injured my shoulder..from overdoiing it maybe?

When deciding to train a given bodypart twice a week, you should take into account the recruitment of that bodypart during other lifts. For example: your bi's on back back day. If you are focussing on bi's twice a week, you may be overtraining due to the recruitment of your bi's during your back lifts.

This same idea applies to all of your muscle groups.

Overtraining is the best way to hault growth. Be careful!

If you've been doing the same routine for a long time, then a change will do you good. You will end up shocking your system to do different things and that'll result in growth. The longer rest period will do the same, as well as increase your strength.

Okay, say someone is currently on a cycle, and working out twice a week.. 3 on / off / 3 on.. Would it be more benefical to do 3 days of heavy training ( incorprating compound movements, etc.. ), and then the other 3 to do higher sets / reps with a more moderate weight, so as to hit all types of muscle fibers ?? I should also mention that this is a mass cycle..

Steelplate

I am curious to know that as well. I am just starting a 3 on 1 of 3 on program and going heavy on all of the days seems to take its toll. probably just takes a little getting used to though.

Top Bottom