Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hormones and swelling

mbrooke5

Ladies I have a question...I have an ovarian cyst and my doctor prescribed b-control pills. However they have the highest amount of estrogen than any other pill on the market, so I have retained a ton of water (my boobs are super heavy- bouncing hurts!). I am only on my 3rd week and have 3 more weeks to go. So my question is, do you have any suggestions to keep retention minimal. Water Pills? anything?

Swelling in Texas
Mel :kaioken:

I've had friends who have used dandelion root and other diuretics to try to take off water weight from the pill. It's never really put water on me but it always makes my chest huge....which would be okay if it wasn't so painful. I hope you feel better soon!

Keep water intake super high, keep sodium intake low, potassium intake moderate.... all those are ways to diminish water retention.

Try eating high-water fruits, like watermelon. Some veggies are natural diuretics....such as asparagus and parsley.

Dandelion Root, like Raina said, is something that might work short-term. It isn't something to take everyday (for the average person) but can help get you through the next 3 weeks if you are very uncomfortable.

I had an ovarian cyst myself, and tried a couple different BC pills, even with the low dose, it kept my cyst away....then went off them & have been off for years....haven't had a recurrence but I do have mild pain when I ovulate...

Thanks ladies. I called my doctor yesterday to tell him that my chest and im spotting. And he told me that once the cyst is gone, i can take pills that are lower in estrogen or not have to take them at all. Can't wait til i'm done!

Top Bottom