Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hitting Back of Shoulder?

watdadilyo6

I started lifting a few months ago and I've noticed the anterior part of my deltoid is much larger compared to the posterior. I want to develop a more rounded look to the shoulder (and get the V at the same time)

What are some good exercises? I have had problems in the past with subluxation (partial dislocation) of the joint. Please advise me, thank you!

I started lifting a few months ago and I've noticed the anterior part of my deltoid is much larger compared to the posterior. I want to develop a more rounded look to the shoulder (and get the V at the same time)

What are some good exercises? I have had problems in the past with subluxation (partial dislocation) of the joint. Please advise me, thank you!

Work on chin ups, rows and deadlifts those are kings to build the back and they'll place enough work on the posterior delt. Eventually they'll catch up with the other delt heads.

No need to direct work, like you said, you just started.

Thanks. I have been consistently doing those exercises you mentioned. I also tried behind-the-neck military press but it comes dangerously close to popping my shoulder out.

Work on chin ups, rows and deadlifts those are kings to build the back and they'll place enough work on the posterior delt. Eventually they'll catch up with the other delt heads.

No need to direct work, like you said, you just started.

Good advice! If you can't do BN Shoulder presses without compromising safety then drop them. The risk is not worth the reward.

Thanks. I have been consistently doing those exercises you mentioned. I also tried behind-the-neck military press but it comes dangerously close to popping my shoulder out.

Don't do it behind the back then. Or if you insist don't go beyond the ears level.

Don't do it behind the back then. Or if you insist don't go beyond the ears level.

Yeah, I ended those immediately. When you mentioned rows, are you covering all forms of the motion such as barbell, dumbell, cable, etc? Or is there a specific exercise that would be most beneficial? I use the Smith machine to do bent over rows, but I really feel it in my lower back, especially since I'm doing Deadlifts on the same day. Because of that, I start to rush the final reps and don't feel like I'm getting much out of it.

Yeah, I ended those immediately. When you mentioned rows, are you covering all forms of the motion such as barbell, dumbell, cable, etc? Or is there a specific exercise that would be most beneficial? I use the Smith machine to do bent over rows, but I really feel it in my lower back, especially since I'm doing Deadlifts on the same day. Because of that, I start to rush the final reps and don't feel like I'm getting much out of it.

I would do free weights like dumbell and barbell! But you can also work w cables sometimes. Be persistent once your grip and forearms get stronger who will be able to perform better. Nevertheless if the weight is too much to keep a good form, lower it done a bit.

That should help

full range of motion behind the neck is fine. behind the neck push press is a staple for me. but like everyone else already said, only if you can. to hit the rear delts bb rows parallel to the floor is all you need.

full range of motion behind the neck is fine. behind the neck push press is a staple for me. but like everyone else already said, only if you can. to hit the rear delts bb rows parallel to the floor is all you need.

There is video on youtube of strongman Mariusz Pudznowsky doing B the B push-presses fucking steel cords he has for tendons.

Top Bottom