Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here is the computer I just bought :

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Was looking for a Dell discount code and called an old friend in the IT department of my last employer. He sent me to Ebay to look up a power seller there that specialized in selling brand new computers very cheap.
So instead of the $299 barebones system from Dell.com I was thinking about getting, this is what I just bought :

Dimension 3000 - new - loaded - NOT REFURBISHED
Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz with 1MB cache
256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
Dell Quiet Key Keyboard
Dell 2-button Scroll Mouse
Video ready option w/o monitor
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics
160GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive(7200RPM)
Image Restore
Windows Media Player 10
Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English
Mouse included with Keyboard purchase
Intel Pro 100M Integrated PCI NIC Card
56K PCI Data Fax Modem
Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
Drive 1 - 16X DVD+/-RW with double layer (CD-Burner)
Drive 2 - 16X DVD-ROM
PowerDVD Software Decoding forDVD Drives
Integrated Audio
Music Match 9.0 Basic 7 day OnDemand
Paint Shop Photo Album 5.1 Standard
Dell/My Way Home Page
NETZERO ISP
AOL
Broadband Icon for Inspiron
Word Perfect Productivity Pack
Quickbooks 2005 Special SimpleStart Edition

It didn't come with a monitor or printer like the other one from Dell did, but so what? I have all that shit already. The price? $305 plus $45 shipping. Only $50 more than the one from Dell.com

What do you guys think of this? I am not familiar with that version of XP (media center. is it like home or pro?)

Also, what do I need to make this baby work with my wireless network at home?

AAP said:
Was looking for a Dell discount code and called an old friend in the IT department of my last employer. He sent me to Ebay to look up a power seller there that specialized in selling brand new computers very cheap.
So instead of the $299 barebones system from Dell.com I was thinking about getting, this is what I just bought :

Dimension 3000 - new - loaded - NOT REFURBISHED
Intel Pentium 4 Processor at 2.8GHz with 1MB cache
256MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
Dell Quiet Key Keyboard
Dell 2-button Scroll Mouse
Video ready option w/o monitor
Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics
160GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive(7200RPM)
Image Restore
Windows Media Player 10
Dell Owners Manual installed on your system,click on icon after system set-up to access
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English
Mouse included with Keyboard purchase
Intel Pro 100M Integrated PCI NIC Card
56K PCI Data Fax Modem
Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0
Drive 1 - 16X DVD+/-RW with double layer (CD-Burner)
Drive 2 - 16X DVD-ROM
PowerDVD Software Decoding forDVD Drives
Integrated Audio
Music Match 9.0 Basic 7 day OnDemand
Paint Shop Photo Album 5.1 Standard
Dell/My Way Home Page
NETZERO ISP
AOL
Broadband Icon for Inspiron
Word Perfect Productivity Pack
Quickbooks 2005 Special SimpleStart Edition

It didn't come with a monitor or printer like the other one from Dell did, but so what? I have all that shit already. The price? $305 plus $45 shipping. Only $50 more than the one from Dell.com

What do you guys think of this? I am not familiar with that version of XP (media center. is it like home or pro?)

Also, what do I need to make this baby work with my wireless network at home?

Can probably get a usb wireless adapter for the network, or get a wireless bridge that plugs into your network slot.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I have no idea what a network slot is.

But just the word "slot" itself makes me think of something that is just begging to have something else plugged into it.

Slot. "Slot". That word is strangely erotic.

very nice, but will all those goodies..they should have given you more RAM.. upgrade to 512 or 1gig.

ps..how the fuck did u get all that plus dvd burner for 300bucks??Wtf??

AAP said:
I have no idea what a network slot is.

But just the word "slot" itself makes me think of something that is just begging to have something else plugged into it.

Slot. "Slot". That word is strangely erotic.

Where you plug the network cable in at, looks like a phone jack only wider(god knows where this may go)

Yes slot is mildy erotic, unless you think slot machine then it conjures up pics of little blue haired ladies wasting their life savings in vegas.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Where you plug the network cable in at, looks like a phone jack only wider(god knows where this may go)

So basically the wireless bridge is an EXTERNAL piece of hardware I just plug in?

I have the Linkys (sp?) home wireless router. If that bit of info is any help. The little slim box with one antennae sticking up.

NJjuice22 said:
very nice, but will all those goodies..they should have given you more RAM.. upgrade to 512 or 1gig.

ps..how the fuck did u get all that plus dvd burner for 300bucks??Wtf??

Well RAM is kinda cheap now days right? I could easily buy a stick and put it in myself.
Also, the computer is just going in the guest bedroom so my guests will have internet access while they are here without having to use my computer (and risk erect cocks popping up on the screen) or my work laptop (and screw up my work shit).

It is just for internet surfing and emailing.

Also, I had no use for the DVD burner it just came with it and I have never even used one before so probably don't know how to use it either. I predict it won't get much use.

AAP said:
So basically the wireless bridge is an EXTERNAL piece of hardware I just plug in?

I have the Linkys (sp?) home wireless router. If that bit of info is any help. The little slim box with one antennae sticking up.

Yeah it's just a little antenna that adapts comps to wireless. Your system shouldn't matter as long as you get the g series that adapts to almost every system there is. You can go to best buy, circuit city, compusa and find the wireless bridges. The range from small one antenna to large dual antenna depending on the range you need from your router.

Cheers,
Scotsman

AAP said:
Well RAM is kinda cheap now days right? I could easily buy a stick and put it in myself.
Also, the computer is just going in the guest bedroom so my guests will have internet access while they are here without having to use my computer (and risk erect cocks popping up on the screen) or my work laptop (and screw up my work shit).

It is just for internet surfing and emailing.

Also, I had no use for the DVD burner it just came with it and I have never even used one before so probably don't know how to use it either. I predict it won't get much use.

than you got an awesome deal if you got all that for 300 bucks..and yea, RAM is dirt cheap now..you could get a 256 chip for a really good price online.

RAM is dirt cheap, no point in going less than 512MB. I have had 1GB in mine for 4 yrs now.

Top Bottom