Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here are Reference Ranges for Blood Work

My total test is only 430, but free test is 17ng/mL.
That makes free test almost 4% of total test for me, way above the 1 to 2.7% reference range.
I guess that's why I'm ok with my low test levels. Avena sativa is the shit. :D

nice post!!
very helpful

it's great info, but doesn't normal really mean average? the problem is that if you fall into those ranges at the low end (total and free test) most doctors won't do anything to help you. they'll just say you're in the "normal" range. IMHO where you really want to be is in the UPPER THIRD of those normal ranges, and most guys aren't (especially older ones).

2Thick said:

Reverse psychology, eh?

What benefit is there in that? I know this stuff already. But it would be helpful to many members and future members. That's the reason I say it should be a sticky.

In general, I think stickys are a great idea to have certain information available to everyone at all times. There have been many excellant posts that fill the bill in that regard -- this being one of them. But they seem to be abandoned in lieu of topics far less germane, and at times, self serving.

What would also be nice is an "optimum" range chart. (Maybe I'll compile this, but it'll take time).

In other words, some levels are better at the high end, i.e red blood count, free testosterone, etc. And some are better at the low end, such as cholesterol, urea, etc. And some are best as low as possible, such as homocysteine, PSA, etc.

Many people also think that the "more" of the good stuff,like T, the better....but that's not true. As hard as it is to accept, a T level too far over 1000 increases the chance of heart attack and prostate cancer. Interestingly, a T level under 300 does the same thing. The same goes for too low of an estrogen level.

Everything is meant to be in balance. But within the "acceptable ranges" there are variables, both good and bad.

Top Bottom