Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help!

Ya I can rep out about 225x10 on squats and leg press I can do about 550x10. ^^^^ that workout sounds awesome and trust me I AM GOING to get them bigger no matter what so I'm willing to do that. That's not overkill though for 1 workout??

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Do leg extensions to prexhaust like 4x50. Then squat till you puke. Something like 3x8 for strength followed by 3x30. Do leg press 2x100. The idea is to almost have to crawl out the gym feeling like your gonna puke. You should be at full muscle failure on every set. This is not for the faint of heart or those suffering from vaginitis.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

This sounds awesome but is it overkill for just 1 workout?

Do leg extensions to prexhaust like 4x50. Then squat till you puke. Something like 3x8 for strength followed by 3x30. Do leg press 2x100. The idea is to almost have to crawl out the gym feeling like your gonna puke. You should be at full muscle failure on every set. This is not for the faint of heart or those suffering from vaginitis.

That's a he'll of a workout broski! That's over 500 reps for the workout. You can have the biggest bull balls in the gym and still had a hard time with this one.....ima try it :D
Might need an addadicktome procedure after this one. Lol. I can do it i can do it I can do I can do it.

If you want giant wheels you have to pay the price. This can be done if you work towards it. Its not something you would do every training session but its a good way to spark new growth. Try it and tell me your legs wont grow. Plain and simple everyone is capable of growing muscle on their legs. I see people all the time say my legs just wont grow, no they will but its not easy. It takes intestinal fortitude to put your body through hell and ask for seconds. The main idea is to push yourself to absolute failure on every work set. This should only be attempted by hardcore individuals not posers with vaginitis.

im not a fan of the puke = great workout = only way to workout.. just not my thing.. if it works for you go for it.

ive had great success just doing 5x5 on squats every 5-7 days. But I go heavy.. by that I mean well.. check this.. how often have you failed on a set of bench press.. or needed a spot.. or on military press... or deads.. or any other exercise. also most of the compound movements are very easy to do the full range of motion. while most people do not squat this way. I always squat full depth. always. my warm up body weight squats are as deep as my last set. and im not afraid to fail or get a spot on squats. or do spotted reps.

So I think the problem a lot of people have with squats is not volume its intensity and range of motion. go hard and go deep and dont be afraid to get stuck in the hole and have to dump it..

im not a fan of the puke = great workout = only way to workout.. just not my thing.. if it works for you go for it.

ive had great success just doing 5x5 on squats every 5-7 days. But I go heavy.. by that I mean well.. check this.. how often have you failed on a set of bench press.. or needed a spot.. or on military press... or deads.. or any other exercise. also most of the compound movements are very easy to do the full range of motion. while most people do not squat this way. I always squat full depth. always. my warm up body weight squats are as deep as my last set. and im not afraid to fail or get a spot on squats. or do spotted reps.

So I think the problem a lot of people have with squats is not volume its intensity and range of motion. go hard and go deep and dont be afraid to get stuck in the hole and have to dump it..

I agree totally ,intensity is most important. Most people dont understand the mindset of balls to the wall Intensity.

i do squats for 90% of my leg work.

here and there ill do lunges

I do front squats w/ cleans about once a week.. give or take.. maybe

and of course I do deads.. my deads are very 'hammy' so its not all lower back

You may be right however I feel like I need some isolation exercises in there. I could be wrong. But I also think it may be over training. Any other opinions?

why do you think you need isolation exercises?

Isolation exercises should be used to target specific lagging muscles. You just stated your legs are small, so hit the whole leg, front, rear and your ass. Growth comes from stimulation, compound movements cause the most stimulation and in addition to direct muscle stimulation cause systemic changes and hormone release that isolation exercises do not. If your not an advanced lifter specifically working on symetry I think its a waste of time and energy that should be put into exercises that give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Bro his legs aren't that strong yet so I'm assuming his core is going to be very weak also, Romanian split squats are a more advanced exercise he needs to start with the barbell lunges to build core strength and start the Romanian split squats in the latter.
IMO anyways the Romanian split squat is a hard exercise for a novice doing legs

Right now keep it simple and keep it heavy the more advanced leg workouts can come later once your legs are stronger and core is stronger too. Leg strength is a lot to do with core strength also

We will have to agree to disagree on this. Im not claiming the exercise is simple, but no exercise is if good form is your goal. Im also not stating he should start with a weight beyond his ability, perhaps that means just bodyweight, perhaps light dumbells. But anyway you slice it, this is an awesome exercise that hits the posterior chain in a fashion that squats dont for many and builds some serious glute mass/strength.

Top Bottom