Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help!

I do squats leg press and lunges on the same day if Im feeling strong.

Barbell lunges are my favourite straight after doing squats.

-------------------------------------

Pain is weakness leaving the Body

Squat deep, deadlift and then squat some more.

So how about this:
On Monday:

5x5 of squat
4x6-8 stiff leg deadlifts
4x8 barbell lunges or DB (alternate)
4x8 hammy curls

On Friday:
5x5 squat
4x6-8 leg press
3x6-8 extensions
3x8 hammy curls

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

My personal opinion is thats too much volume per workout and too many worthless exercises. Get rid of extensions/presses and curls. Try romanian split squats instead of lunges.

My personal opinion is thats too much volume per workout and too many worthless exercises. Get rid of extensions/presses and curls. Try romanian split squats instead of lunges.

You may be right however I feel like I need some isolation exercises in there. I could be wrong. But I also think it may be over training. Any other opinions?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Bro his legs aren't that strong yet so I'm assuming his core is going to be very weak also, Romanian split squats are a more advanced exercise he needs to start with the barbell lunges to build core strength and start the Romanian split squats in the latter.
IMO anyways the Romanian split squat is a hard exercise for a novice doing legs

Right now keep it simple and keep it heavy the more advanced leg workouts can come later once your legs are stronger and core is stronger too. Leg strength is a lot to do with core strength also

-------------------------------------

Pain is weakness leaving the Body

I still say split them up and do a quad day and ham day. It cuts down on the volume per muscle group (I think doing the whole leg twice a week can easily become overkill) If you work them right u won't be able to do two full leg workouts a week. Just my opinion. Keep it simple is right but don't over do it is even more important.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EliteFitness

Do leg extensions to prexhaust like 4x50. Then squat till you puke. Something like 3x8 for strength followed by 3x30. Do leg press 2x100. The idea is to almost have to crawl out the gym feeling like your gonna puke. You should be at full muscle failure on every set. This is not for the faint of heart or those suffering from vaginitis.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Top Bottom