Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help!

lombardi727

Hate to say it but I have horrible genetics in my legs. They refuse to grow. I have been bodybuilding for about 3 years now and my upper body is just so much bigger. Anyone have any advice or a good program? Anyone else have this problem?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Hate to say it but I have horrible genetics in my legs. They refuse to grow. I have been bodybuilding for about 3 years now and my upper body is just so much bigger. Anyone have any advice or a good program? Anyone else have this problem?

Squat bro, and heavy.
I never trained legs when I started training. Recently started em... I can only squat light. But the gains when you eat and squat religiously is great. Try a strength routine to get some power, then drop into hypertrophy range for a few months, then repeat :) if you put in the effort, they'll grow bro.
Check strong lifts 5x5 program. Then something like German volume... You'll grow

Agree ^^ my legs were the biggest when worked up from 12 down 6 reps heavy as possible with each set using good form slightly breaking parallel and then once a month strip set it and they will grow and u will puke... True story

Squats squats squats and then when you hate legs day do squats.
No simple way.
Do legs twice a week. E.g. Squats+general leg workouts Monday then leg press+general leg workouts Friday
Now you aren't going to be able to walk properly for a couple weeks but after a month the pain will ease and in 6 months your legs will have transformed.

Number one rule with squats:
Ass To The Grass

Many different types of squats so switch it up every 3 weeks

-------------------------------------

Pain is weakness leaving the Body

I agree with legs twice a week but one day I focus on quads and the other on hams and calves. It keeps me focused and enables me to put 100% into each muscle group. R.o.m. is super important. Especially with legs. U want to get that good deep stretch in. Your legs are primarily made up of type 2a muscle fibers. (Meaning they are fast twitch strength fibers that also have endurance) So to fully work them u do need to use some heavy weight, but u also need to aim for a bit higher reps. Def. nothin lower than six. I usually don't drop below eight and try to almost always go for twelve to fifteen reps. (You want to reach failure at whatever Target rep u are going for) Legs were at one point the weakest parts of my body and are now one of my strongest. I hope these few tips can help u!

Sent from my ADR6300 using EliteFitness

Thanks so much everyone! I do switch between leg press and front squats one day and then squats the next time. I will definitely have to look into that type of training and find a couple programs to follow! I've been trying to build up my strength by squating heavier 6-8 reps to parallel.

i only do squats.. I do them FULL RANGE OF MOTION. as far as I can squat w/ good form and 0 weight is how far I go on my last set of my last rep. Dont be afraid to get stuck at the bottom.. its gonna happen. Just know what to do. I only squat w/ bumper plates and just dump em

Wow that sounds intense! I think because of my genetics I really need to do a few exercises per workout. I researched and came up with this:

5x5 squats
4x6-8 stiff leg deadlifts
3x6-8 extensions
3x 8 hammy curls

How does this sound for the strength phase? Would it be over training??

Top Bottom