Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! Need advice-going on a cruise in 2 weeks!

new@gettinbig-

No problem honey! I know it must have seemed like that and I am not searching for a quick fix really. I appreciate your apology! :kiss:

katz-Thanks for the tips! I always get seasick-ugh! Gotta love the patch-at least we will only be at sea for one day--it is just a 4 day cruise. I went on a 10 day cruise a couple of years ago and that was rough-gained 10 pounds-ugh! Not this time damn it!!! :)

No drastic measures; they'll come back to haunt you. Just keep doing what you'd planned as far as exercise and clean eating before you learned about the cruise.

Enjoy the cruise and plan to indulge a little (that's what cruises are for anyway). So nothing you really want should be off limits, just use portion control. With the frequent food offerings on cruises, remember our advice from here - you are supposed to eat several small meals a day (a little something every 3 hours or so) to keep your metabolic fires burning. So get in line with everyone else, and don't feel guilty (like they probably will :) ).

Try to get a little protein and clean carbs in each feeding, that'll keep you from getting as hungry. Don't forget to include some "healthy fats" too, like avocado, olive oil, salmon, etc. When your body's getting enough nutrients, it won't tempt you as much for over-indulging, but if even if you do over-indulge, a nourished body is better able to burn it off. Above all, have fun!

FitFossil said:
No drastic measures; they'll come back to haunt you. Just keep doing what you'd planned as far as exercise and clean eating before you learned about the cruise.

I agree! I tried to do this for a trip once, and it's the real yoyo thing...I managed to loose some weight before the trip, but I was in such bad shape by the time the trip came around that my bod was soaking up every single calorie and holding it throughout the trip, so I had gained it all back by the mdiway point of the trip, and ended the trip heavier than when I started dieting.

I'm all about consistency now. Go as you are...be proud of the progress you've made, and don't let this trip knock you off the slow and steady course that's done so much for you...

Wyst

Top Bottom