Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help my mom please...

djacosta

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help regarding supplements which would be helpful for my mom to take. She is 54 years old, she babysits kids during the day and she does her aerobics classes at the gym for an hour every night. She eats three meals a day(fiber cereal for breakfast and then persian food (rice,bread and stew) for lunch and dinner and she will have a snak once in a while. Her health otherwise is great. She has also been on prempro for the past three years. She weighs 140lb and is 5'2''. She has been stuck at this wait for a long time and so I was wondering if there were any good products she can take for women that will help her or any changes she needs to make in her exercise. I kinda wanted her new year to start on the right track. Ok thanks for taking the time to read this and any help would be appreciated.
Happy Hollidays,
Sash

I'm not sure your mom needs supplements to lose weight. The cardio she's doing is great (I wish my mom was working out) but if she started lifting weights, she'd drop body fat. Lifting weight is also extra healthy for women in the menopause age because it helps increase bone calcium. As for her diet, see if she'd be willing to eat smaller meals 5-6 times a day and focus on eating a lot of lean protein (chicken, fish, lean beef, etc) and more veggies. For carbs she could switch out the white rice for brown rice and cut back on the bread.

Perhaps as a belated Christmas present you could get her a couple of sessions with a trainer at her gym? They could advise her about how to weight train and why it would benefit her. :)

Welcome!

Ahh Persian food. Yum - I grew up with it too.

Have her try and break up her lunch and dinner into four meal (just split the lunch and dinner into two meals) and the have the same breakfast for now, then she could have oatmeal instead of the cereal.

It will be hard - but have her drop the the bread and rice for a sweet potato and add some greens (lettuce, broccoli, string been, spinach etc).

No snacks - with 5 small meals she wouldn't need a snack.

Then as Raina already said try and introduce her to the other side of the gym. Whether you can do it yourself or have a trainer run her through a few times and set up a program for her to follow.

My mom's in her 60's and she found weights a few years ago and has loved then ever since.

Hope that helps.

Oh God I miss Tah dig.......

Ok thanks so much ladies you are awesome....
and Velvett I can have my mom UPS some Tah dig to you....
Happy new year...

Top Bottom