Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me with my workout routine & diet

my post was referring to your first routine you posted, it looked good i just outlined some changes you should make, as a beginner most routines will work for you anyway and if your slammin 4000kcal like you put in your diet post you will grow for sure

but like i said a split isnt the only option...

Hopefully it would work. I was skinny when I came first to the GYM, and the GYM guru's told me that it is impossible for me to grow because of my body type. And last 4 months I have been proving them wrong. I didnt listen to them because they didnt look like people who could lift. They all looked fit but none of them could lift heavy, all they do machines and isolation. The GYM I go to is a joke, more like a fitness center. The only place I could get advice is some friends and the good folks of EliteFitness :D.

Funny thing that they're all like "WTF" when I started doing squats and deadlifts specially when going heavy. They were all like "You're going to break your back" Damn weirdos. They're all isolation machines and light weight high reps dumbells.

I am gonna adjust my split a little bit and give it a shot for three weeks and see the results. I am thinking doing three days splits instead of four days splits? I am afraid of overtraining since I am all natural .

Hopefully it would work. I was skinny when I came first to the GYM, and the GYM guru's told me that it is impossible for me to grow because of my body type. And last 4 months I have been proving them wrong. I didnt listen to them because they didnt look like people who could lift. They all looked fit but none of them could lift heavy, all they do machines and isolation. The GYM I go to is a joke, more like a fitness center. The only place I could get advice is some friends and the good folks of EliteFitness :D.

Funny thing that they're all like "WTF" when I started doing squats and deadlifts specially when going heavy. They were all like "You're going to break your back" Damn weirdos. They're all isolation machines and light weight high reps dumbells.

I am gonna adjust my split a little bit and give it a shot for three weeks and see the results. I am thinking doing three days splits instead of four days splits? I am afraid of overtraining since I am all natural .
How old are you? I doubt you will overtrain if your young, new to lifting and eating alot...

what ate your goals?

as EM said, with a diet like that and sufficient rest, it's going to be very hard to overtrain...

How old are you? I doubt you will overtrain if your young, new to lifting and eating alot...

what ate your goals?

I am 22 years old. I am a skinny guy so my goal is to put some mass on and have fun doing it. I am really enjoying learning and exploring and watching my body changes over time, weights going higher seeing progress, all kind of hormones gushing into my body. :biggrin: Damn addicting.

I know, I talk too much :verygood:

I'm not a fan with milk at every sitting. Not sure why no one else mentioned that.

Milk is dense with calories, calcium and quality casein protein. I don't see a reason to drop it. My body handles it well.

I am 22 years old. I am a skinny guy so my goal is to put some mass on and have fun doing it. I am really enjoying learning and exploring and watching my body changes over time, weights going higher seeing progress, all kind of hormones gushing into my body. :biggrin: Damn addicting.

I know, I talk too much :verygood:

Milk is dense with calories, calcium and quality casein protein. I don't see a reason to drop it. My body handles it well.

if your body handles it well and you're seeing good gains then there is no need to drop it imo. a lot of people advocate GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) even though i could never do that, it works for a shitton of people

Milk is delicious, if I had the metabolism to drink it at every meal, I would too...

Anyway, you have a base program to work with, but the question is...is it working for you? Initially, any training with decent effort will result in some growth and strength gains, but are they currently up to par with your goals and what youve been putting into your workout and diet?

Anyway just a few hints to keep in mind:
-25 reps seems excessive even to warm up, 12-15 is generally sufficient
-No need to warm up triceps if theyve already been used for pressing movements, unless you medically feel the need to of course.
-For triceps I would peform skull crushers before anything else, its a heavier lift generally...would also reccomend for example: close grip bench press-->skull crushers-->v-bar pushdowns OR straight bar tricep extensions
-With back you seem to be neglecting your lats, even if your are pulling your BB rows to the hip, it likely isnt enough. Trying starting with pullups (wide grip) or lat cable pulldowns then progressing into your T-bar rows and BB rows if theyre what you want to stick with. I would also do deadlifts last, as they spend your lower back and transverse abdominis and leave your core unstable for other lifts (especially bad if you happen to do alot of bent over work, which you seem to)
-As for legs man...I'm lost. Maybe try to find a sample routine and see how you like it and modify to your needs. I find that sometimes less can be more.

Good effort, I think you just need to find what really works for you.

As for the diet, you might be wasting some groceries man. The body can only process so much protein in so much time...150-200g should be sufficient, though I guess in your case its better to overeat than undereat.

Do one body part a week Ex. Mon-chest, Tues-arms, wed-off, thurs-delts, fri-legs, sat-back, However, you want to orchestrate it is fine.
Drink milk in the morn then before bed, imo opinion to many cals altogether body want be able to absorb it all. as for the gym gurus don't listen to them it sounds like
you have a endomorph body type which is good for high cals you won't get fat, but it's going to take time to get big there's no magic
solution!

Top Bottom