Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help Me With Incline Bench Press

LCBUTLER

This is my least favorite excersize to do....but I know I need to do it, to develop my upper chest.

The Incline benches at my gym have a platform for your feet, some people use them some people don't, should they have any impact on your lifts?

If there are any tips you can give on form, I would greatly appreciate it.

What is realistic to expect strengh wise compared to flat bench press....Or should I not compare.

Thanks again,

LC

INCLINE BENCH

Best advice I can give you is do incline before flat bench. You'll be amazed at how strong you can get in it. My flat and incline strengths are only about 25 pounds apart. Also, use the platform for your feet, it will keep your back on the pad better.

i have never thought of incline "BEFORE" flat bench.. seems like it would make your flat bench workout not as intense do to being wore out. maybe i am wrong..

I do inclines first... to me, they take precedence over flat. contrary to what others in my gym believe, there are more exercises than just flat bench ;) just my opinion.

mike001 said:
i have never thought of incline "BEFORE" flat bench.. seems like it would make your flat bench workout not as intense do to being wore out. maybe i am wrong..

I used to do the same thing... but now I switch the one I start with each week. And you will have suffered fatigue after the first, but you can still get an intense workout..... just less wight than normal.

I can incline about 10-15% less than flat bench. If you don't like incline bench... you might try incline dumbell raises.....

One thing that helps on inclines is to take a medium grip instead of the real wide grip guys like to use on the flat. This really puts more of the stress on the upper-inner chest (and tris, don't worry about that though). It is also easier on your shoulder. The reason this helps is that the upper chest fibers do not run horizontally, they run up at an angle to the sternum. By narrowing the grip a little the chest is forced to activate the more verticle fibers, instead of just the lower more horizontal fibers.

flat benching is an over rated exercise......stick to incline exercises, like bench and flyes....if you have to use flat bench, do flat bench flyes....I seem to be stronger and thicker from the incline

imho.....the incline is better than the flat bench because it gives more of a bulky look to your chest. I use the platform to keep my body stable while performing the lift. Slower reps are the best....if you perform fast reps, you're not using every muscle fiber in the chest, slower reps (even when using alot of weight) requires every single muscle fiber you have. It's worked tremendously for me....try it out!!!!!

Top Bottom