Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me design a workout

WannaBeBig72

I'm 35 and have been training for 5 years. I was pretty weak when I first started training 5 years ago. I maxed out 6 months ago at BenchPress 225x2, Squat 225x5 and Dead 275x5. I've since lost a good amount of muscle do to work/stress and lack of training (I had mono for 6 weeks). Anyway...

I started with a bodybuilder split and then switched to 5x5 and had good results. I kind of peaked with it though 6 months back. Since geting back into the gym I've been feeling kind of lost honestly. Not sure what workouts to do or how to structure my program.

My goal is to get bigger and stronger. I have pretty naturally big legs so I'm not really looking to hit them so hard. I'm looking for a training program where I'd hit all my muscles twice a week.

Is something like this doable?
Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tuesday: Legs/Back/Bis
off
Wednesday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Friday: Legs/Back/Bis

My problem is in selecting rep ranges and number of sets.

Really appreciate it if someone gives me some advice. :)

If you are looking for strength gains you definitely can't do that program. I'd spread it out something like

Monday: Chest/bis
Tuesday: Deads/back
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Shoulders/tris
Friday: Legs

Cheers,
Scotsman

mon: deads (heavy), SLDLs, abs
tue: flat bench (heavy), DB flyes (for a good stretch), pullups (narrow grip), DB hammer curls
thurs: squats (light), jump shrugs, abs
fri: CGBP or push press (light), pendlay rows, DB curls

If you are looking for strength gains you definitely can't do that program. I'd spread it out something like

Monday: Chest/bis
Tuesday: Deads/back
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Shoulders/tris
Friday: Legs

Very good program....the rest is very important

Top Bottom