Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help, glute pain (yes, I have seen the doc)

wanderlust

Here is the history.

Two weeks ago today, I did 6 sprints up a 400m hill that climes 150m. After that, my glutes were QUITE sore, and I stretched them well. Next day, still sore. After that, my left one gradually got less sore and my right stayed painful. I gave it rest and stretched quite a bit and last week it felt great I went and WALKED up the same hill, and it has been hurting since then with no sign of getting better. Just a muscular pain, no joint pain. I have not lifted legs since I first hurt it 2 weeks ago.

I saw the doc today and he said to just rest and stretch it and come back in 3 week if it still hurts. The doc couldn't answer my questions about stretching+stuff worth jack. I'd go see a PT but my insurance sucks.

I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. Should I ice it? When? Will advil help the inflammation (I won't take it if all it does is dull the pain)? How much should I stretch? Should I exercse it at all?

Complicating things.......On July 7 I am leaving for Colorado to go hiking, and you know how much glutes are used in hiking.

Help if you can, I'm pretty depressed about this, and pissed at myself.

I'm guessing your glutes hurt due to the shift of your center of gravity while going up hill. For anti-inflamatory effects, use motrin. You can safely take 800mg of motrin twice/day (not recommended for long term use). My guess is if you go back to the doctor, he will either tell you to do the 800mg of motrin or give you a toradol injection (which is a liquid anti-inflamatory). Besides stretching, also do massage. As for the cold press, that might help some w/pain but will slow blood flow to the area. Try alternating between a warm and cold press with a couple hours between each.

Top Bottom