Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have u tried No2? Results?

DANIEDOLL

I keep hearing about No2 & a friend of mine swears by it. He claims its great to take in between cycles or as an alternative to AS. Ladies, have any of you tried it & if so what were your results, both positive & negative? My friend said his muscles remained pumped up for a LONG time after lifting & he managed to keep the muscle he gained after he stopped taking it. He also experience some weight gain but, it was pretty much all muscle. I did a search here & there were only responses from guys & it seemed to be a toss up on who favored it. Some said it did nothing for them & others said it helped to increase their strength, weight & overall mass. O.k ladies so what do u all think?

The key ingredient in those products is arginine alpha-ketoglutarate. Arginine is the precursor so to speak of nitric oxide, a vasodilator.

If I recall, and I'm trying to remember where it was published, but one of these products was recently used in a performance study. Nothing was found with regard to increasing muscle mass. While it may enhance the "pump", I doubt if it will do much for protein synthesis directly.

W6

Assuming a normal intact endocrine system.

The key regulators of skeletal muscle protein synthesis are mechanical loading, availability of essential amino acids and proper recovery. This has been clearly demonstrated in the literature and I think we all know this by now with plenty of anecdotal experience.

With regard to supplements beyond a solid diet, I haven't seen any sound science that consistently supports enhanced skeletal muscle protein synthesis that results in performance enhancement (i.e., increased strength) from any OTC non-hormonal product, the only exception being some of the newer prohormones (1-AD) that may in a few guys have some anabolic effects, but we're still back to AAS, just legal ones with more sides than some of the illegal ones.

While there are some that truely believe that glutamine, BCAAs and other OTC products really help, the studies done to date really don't support those contentions. I as well as a number of my colleagues have been down that road (BCAAs, glutamine, HMB and just about everything else) with no added muscle building effects beyond a solid training program and good diet with plenty of protein and energy.

The only exception being creatine, but it doesn't directly enhance muscle protein synthesis, however in the long run, may increase lean mass because of its positive effects on cell volumizing and enhancing mechanical loading.

I do believe in anti-oxidants (NAC, grape seed, Vit C and E, r-ALA, lycopene, cruciferous veg extract and lutein), not for performance enhancement, but long-term chronic disease prevention (heart disease, stroke, cancer, immune dysfunction and other disease of inflammation). Same with essential fats (omega-3 (EPA and DHA) and omega-6 (GLA)).

Aside from AAS, nothing else really compares (i.e., GH, IGF-I, clenbuterol, insulin, etc.).

mg for mg, nothing promotes protein synthesis better than anabolic-androgenic steroids, assuming all else is optimized and you've pretty much hit your genetic limits which vary widely from person to person.

Believe me, I've been searching for years, reading the literature, listening to other lifters and their experiences and all the hype from supplement company reps.

W6

Daniel - 2 of my friends have been taking this stuff for a few months. I have seen the results myself - looks great -:) Gives muscles a little roundness, gives you a nice pump (so your workouts are great) and also holds a little extra water, so the scale shows a little more weight (makes us, guys, happier). So.. it is great for when your are off, I am planning to get some for myself and my gf, but I doubt it would add any muscle.

Ahhh sounds great smb_69. I will pick some up for in between cycles. There seems to be a lot of conflicting views on No2. But, for the most part, I think most ppl have had good results w/ it. Which one will u be taking. Is there any particular brand u suggest? Btw... Its Danie or Danielle not, Daniel, hee hee. = ) Drives me nuts when ppl get my name wrong, lol.

Sorry Doll -:) Danie it is. I sent an email to my friends asking for the exact brand (I wanted to get that info anyway for me), so perfect timing. Whenever I hear some kind of contraversy, I always try the new stuff myself. btw, what are your stats?

The NO products (arginine alpha-keto glutarate) may also be of benefit in those with border line hypertension.

W6

wilson6 said:

Aside from AAS, nothing else really compares (i.e., GH, IGF-I, clenbuterol, insulin, etc.).

mg for mg, nothing promotes protein synthesis better than anabolic-androgenic steroids, assuming all else is optimized and you've pretty much hit your genetic limits which vary widely from person to person.

Believe me, I've been searching for years, reading the literature, listening to other lifters and their experiences and all the hype from supplement company reps.

W6

Thanks W6 - that is what I assumed, but was hoping you wuold be able to tell me differently. :)

Good information in your post though - it was interesting to read what supplements you recommend for people not interested in AAS as well as supplements you feel everyone should take. Very helpful.

Top Bottom