Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front Squats:anyone Here Do Them?

trouble_60

I use front squats every 5-6 weeks for the change. The weight I use tends to drop by 100 pounds or so. Use them they are good for the quads.

trouble_60

I do em from time to time. I have to cross my hands across the middle of the bar, as I am too big and not limber enough to hold the bar as if I had just cleaned it.

That being said however, with 225 resting on my front delts, it gets mighty uncomfortable and that weight won't do squat for my legs except make 'em weaker and smaller!

Have you ever tried "old fashioned" hacksquats from the floor? Like a deadlift, only the bar is BEHIND you. Good stuff!

I have only been doing front squats for a few weeks becuase my glutes and hams were getting too strong and causing knee problems..

I like them...

Fornt squats rule! There's nothing like them and pulls for adding real athleticism to your lifting. You can't do any weight if you cross hands. Just warm up your wrists, push your shoulders forward, push the bar into your throat, and go nuts. Trick is to keep your elbows way high. If you don't want to bend your wrists back, I've seen some oly lifters press the bar into their throats by putting their hands close together and pinching the bar between the crook of their index fingers and their thumbs. Works pretty good.

BTW, a good natural front squatter also has a big vertical leap.

Last edited:
Eight plates for a heavy guy is a pretty good front squat. World class is what Weller, Chemerkin and Rezazadeh are doing. Probably over 320 kilos.

Naim Suleymanoglu can probably front triple bw.

GENTLEMAN YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT SOME AT MY GYM LOOK AT ME AND MY PARTNER REALLY WEIRD BUT HEY IT WORKS FOR US I AM CURRENTLY FRONT SQUAT 405 HE FROIN SQUAT 495 FLAME US SPIT ON US HELL CALL US LIARS BUT WE AR ENOT WE ARE HARDCORE OLD SCHOOL LIFTERS AFTER THE FRONT SQUATTING WE PROCEED TO CONTINUIE REGULAR SQUAT UNTIL WE WORK ARE WAY UP TO 765 FOR I SNGLE REP. GET YO LIFT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never go over 225 for around 10-12 reps. I have been doing them for years and I have phenominal legs. Of course some of it is genetic, but I feel that my sweep has been a direct results of front squats., I cross my arms, use a narrow stance about 8inches between my feet, with my heels elevated. I go down until my hams touch my calves and come back up. I don't think it is the weight you use as much as you pay attention to the stretch and slowly coming up.

Front squats are still one of my favorite leg exercises. I can't really do the olympic style grip any more, so I just use straps to hold the bar. At one point I got up to 455 for singles at right around 200lbs. Another thing I like to use is the front squat machine that Icarian and cybex both put out. It is nice for a variation, and I've gotten pretty good at it 700 lbs for 6. All be it those are only to parrallel, and it's a machine but it still works the muscle real well none the less.

Top Bottom