Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearms

NoMoreExcuses

Ok before telling me i need to do a search I DID!! :) and too many results and not really specific.
Anyway i was wondering if you guys can help me out with my forearms. Can u guys give me suggestions on forearms exercises. Some ppl say u already working them when doing any pulling exercises ex: back, but i mean what kinda exercises i can do

Hammer curls, reverse curls, and it's true that when doing when back exercises while using an overhang grip you work the elbow flexors (some are in the forearm).

ehhh... I dont know what its called but I always do this, take yer average barbell, slide some weight onto the fucker and sit down on a bench. place the BB in front of you. grab it, small grip (about shoulder width) place your forearms on the bench but your wrists and hands must be OFF it. now start curling with only your wrists, so that means your forearms and the rest of your body are STILL.
if you do it right, you really hit those bastards!
awwwwwww damn..... I dont think ive been very clear, im not good at explaining things, someone help this guy out here!! :p

SAGAT said:
ehhh... I dont know what its called but I always do this, take yer average barbell, slide some weight onto the fucker and sit down on a bench. place the BB in front of you. grab it, small grip (about shoulder width) place your forearms on the bench but your wrists and hands must be OFF it. now start curling with only your wrists, so that means your forearms and the rest of your body are STILL.
if you do it right, you really hit those bastards!
awwwwwww damn..... I dont think ive been very clear, im not good at explaining things, someone help this guy out here!! :p

LOL!! Those are wrist curls dude. And yeah, they're tough to explain. Here's a link that will show you how they and pretty much all the other excercises are done:

Yasso

Once you get there, hit the "Animated Excercises" link at the top left of the page.

hheeheh thanks gymtime! boy do I feel like a dick. btw, that site is very useful yeah, i've looked at it myself too.

Thanks guys i can't wait to try it tomorrow u have been really helpfull
To gymtime thanx for the site now i can see how all the exercises are done

If you want to hit your forearms hard do the wrist roller. After doing that thing about 10 times I can barely grip my glass to get a drink of water. Everyone says you hit it when doing other lifts, so I dunno, maybe wrist rollers would overtrain em.

Btw to do wrist rollers get a 2 foot bar with a hole in the middle. Run a piece of string through the hole and tie a weight to the other side. Then lift your forearms straight out in front with your arms to the sides (or you can put your entire arm straight out if you want to work the chest also), next roll it up with a tight grip.

My forearms and biceps grow at an even weight if I do wrist rollers, if I don't my forearms fall far behind.

Advaik said:
If you want to hit your forearms hard do the wrist roller. After doing that thing about 10 times I can barely grip my glass to get a drink of water. Everyone says you hit it when doing other lifts, so I dunno, maybe wrist rollers would overtrain em.

Btw to do wrist rollers get a 2 foot bar with a hole in the middle. Run a piece of string through the hole and tie a weight to the other side. Then lift your forearms straight out in front with your arms to the sides (or you can put your entire arm straight out if you want to work the chest also), next roll it up with a tight grip.

My forearms and biceps grow at an even weight if I do wrist rollers, if I don't my forearms fall far behind.

Great post dude! I totally forgot about those. I made myself a wrist roller a couple years ago. They are fuckin' killers!! It looks easy as hell to watch someone else do them, but try it!

A variation on wrist curl...

let the dumbell roll down into your fingertips to where your almost going to drop it...

then roll it back up until you hit the top motion of your wrist curl!

But the best is as Advaik sez.. make yourself a wrist roller.... your forearms will be burning very quick!

With one addition.. bend your elbows slightly outward.... keeping your arms locked straight out is hard on the elbows

bass

Last edited:
Top Bottom