Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For the 30 something crowd with kids!

Hahahahahahahaha....I had AC/DC on 8-Track as well...Back in Black, bought a Kraco power booster and thought I was da shit......heh heh heh....Remember that little piece of paper you had to shove under the 8 track to keep it from skipping....<snicker>

Ranger

The Ranger said:
Hahahahahahahaha....I had AC/DC on 8-Track as well...Back in Black, bought a Kraco power booster and thought I was da shit......heh heh heh....Remember that little piece of paper you had to shove under the 8 track to keep it from skipping....<snicker>

Ranger

Dude! I had completely forgotten about that paper trick. Too funny. I remember them getting tangled and spending HOURS untangling them and putting them back in the shell. Sometimes it worked.

Mine was a "Big Mouth" portable 8-track player. Was that the same as a Kracko? It was a mono speaker thing.

Nonerz said:
I had a 45!

Heh. My cousins had 45's. I have a friend who still has original Elvis 45's on Sun labels.

I'll give you a zillion million dollars if you can name me the song on the flip side of the Toni Basil's "Oh Mickey" 45 - without looking it up on the net.

And don't forget, TV's had dials without remote controls and they were housed in huge wooden cabinets made to be a piece of furniture. How did men channel surf back then?

The Ranger said:
Your biggest fear was “Mom” and the fact there was no way to hide the recent rip in your new school clothes...(More often than not, Sears Tough skins)....Why did they call them that? Your knees became a solid callus after a week of rubbing them raw from the reinforced knee guards, sewn into the pant leg for extra comfort I’m sure!
Not only that, but my mom used to get them about 3 sizes too long, so my grandmother would "hem" them up and I could grow into them.

I remember going to the 5&Dime and buying 45's by the dozens...

I hear ya Ranger. Kids today are so sheltered. When I first heard about the laws on helmets for bicyclists under 16, I thought that was a bad idea. Kids need to get a good crack in the head from a bike wreck once in a while. Otherwise, they'll feel like they're invincible.

Ranger...you have read my heart!!
I have been "in search" of the perfect playground for years now. The one just like my Elementary School had.
Doesn't exist.
I remember we even had these great, tall, metal uneven bars that sat right next to each other. You got up on the shorter one, did a little flip, threw your legs over and got up on the higher one. Then you could swing from your knees for "days". They took those out after an epileptic girl had a seizure and fell off, head hitting the ground. Whatever!!
And the swings...2Shy was right...I would swing up high and jump out at the plateu and land feet or knees first in the sand. Made for great skin burns.
I never rode a skateboard unless barefoot.
Oh, and your "lawndarts"...down here in Texas we played that with Bowie knives. I got in soooooo much trouble when my parents had just bought me a knew pair of shoes for our trip to Europe when I was 7 and mine ended up with a Bowie knife hole in the right shoe the day before we got on the airplane. Oops!!
Monkey bars, these now are 2.5 feet tall, or so they seem. And what is up with that big space in the middle. Helps my do my tricep pullups on them, but damn you can't have any REAL fun on them.
What ever happened to hanging upside down from the bars, the monkey bars, or flying out of the swings...and letting all the little boys see your pretty, ruffley undies under your dress or skirt.
IS THERE NO FUN LEFT FOR OUR CHILDREN!!!!
By the by, I have had no children yet, but really think a world like this needs deep consideration before bringing little souls in to it...
BB (Had 8 tracks...What about them Moody Blues??Still love em')

Top Bottom