Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For Stephanie...

J

jenscats5

Originally posted by FitFossil in another thread:

If you're brand new to weight training, the curves-type thing will help, but only up to a point. To progress beyond that, you'll need to train with progressively heavier weights. It is through MUSCLE that we really can change the shape of our bodies.

Since you're new to the board, I'll tell my "big leg story" again - all others can skip this part. I used to be a "pear shape" - my top half (skinny) and bottom half (fat) looked like they belonged to 2 different people. Even as an 80 lb anorexic, my bottom half was still fat. I started weight training but was afraid to train legs heavy since I thought they'd get bigger. Finally fed up with no progress from high reps of low weights, I decided I was just going to build the biggest baddest most muscular legs ever. I figured big and muscular was better than big and fat. So I started training legs hard and heavy. As time went on, I ended up gaining over 10 pounds but dropping over 2 pant sizes.

Muscle is denser than fat, so it takes up less space. The scale might say more, but your body will be smaller and tighter. After all was said and done, I realized I had no BUTT, so I've spent the last year building that part up - that's what I mean about using muscle to sculpt. Another example of that is building up the shoulders and back to give the illusion of a smaller waist. As an added bonus, muscle requires extra calories even at rest!

FF -- Hope you don't mind me reposting this but I thought it would help her to read it.....

Top Bottom