Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hansel, critique my newegg wishlist.....

Fair enough. The apevia will probably work in your situation with one video card.

I would prefer keeping the power supply under $100

Red, the PSU is arguably as critical as the motherboard itself. That Corsair UA mentioned looks tight as hell; 850 watts with 70 amps on one 12v rail (that Apevia has it divied up onto four), along with 80%+ efficiency. It's well worth the extra $. I wouldn't buy memory from them again but they do make good PSU's.

I really only buy G. Skill or Mushkin memory. G. Skill being the absolute best. Not to say I would give up offerings from OCZ given the right conditions.

damn you're making me want to upgrade my shit, but when I do that I think i might go with a macbook pro since I do more video/photo editing now that we have a newborn, and a lot less gaming.

just wanted you guys to know this thread made no fucking sense to me

hansel, you brought up a point about internal HD's I didn't think about. So you think I should go with two, a faster one for running games and another one for general storage?

So what's a good gaming option?

hansel, you brought up a point about internal HD's I didn't think about. So you think I should go with two, a faster one for running games and another one for general storage?

So what's a good gaming option?

It's always a good idea to have two separate drives, especially since they're so cheap now. 250GB is a plenty for main drive, and whatever size you want for storage.
Less clutter on the main drive means better performance. Separating the OS/programs from valueable data also means a much easier, faster recovery process should either drive take a shit.

If you have the budget for a 10,000 speed drive cool, but a smaller 7200 works well enough too. Then there's always RAID if you are on a mission from God lol. As far as gaming performance all a faster drive does is further minimize load times and those extremely brief hiccups/freezes during gameplay when it's seeking.

Seagates are usually a bit quieter, but Western Digital have an overall slightly better reliability track record from what I've read/experienced, but you're pretty much splitting hairs there. Both are top of the line as far as HDD's go though.

Top Bottom