Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

niceeee bro. also out of curiosity, how much can one typically SLDL compared to squat? How are DLs hurting your legs? maybe post up a vid of your form and we can pinpoint something wrong.

Well I just realized I did stiff legged deadlifts wrong compared to how most people do them. I did them off the floor each rep by accident it was definitely awkward but surprisingly not that hard. I havent done them in a while haha most people dont go off the floor each time. With the injury the problem isnt my deadlift form its just that there is the injury there and anything using legs to push upwards is going to hurt

Also I'm not sure for that squat to sldl ratio.

HAPPY 4th everyone! :supercool

You should be ok, most people who are taller and have longer limbs can SLDL a shit ton of weight without getting hurt.

Well I just realized I did stiff legged deadlifts wrong compared to how most people do them. I did them off the floor each rep by accident it was definitely awkward but surprisingly not that hard. I havent done them in a while haha most people dont go off the floor each time. With the injury the problem isnt my deadlift form its just that there is the injury there and anything using legs to push upwards is going to hurt

Also I'm not sure for that squat to sldl ratio.

HAPPY 4th everyone! :supercool

yeah, like many people, i do them on a platform to increase my ROM and the stretch i get in my hamstrings when i do them with a barbell. i find it works better that way.

Tuesday 7.5.11

Floor press
135x5
165x3
185x3
205x3
225x2
245x3
2x2x245

DB Floor extensions
3x8x40's

Squat
135x5
165x5
185x3
225x5

Comments: Good workout floor press moved up 5 pounds. I kept it light on squats though and went slow and tried to use perfect form.

Thursday 7.7.11

Bench press lockouts off blue block
135x5
165x5
185x3
205x3
225x2
255x2
275x1

Static holds
275x10 sec
275x10sec

DB CGBP
50's x15
50's x20
50's x25

Comments: Average. I was hoping to do more on the bench lockouts I tied to blue block thing to my chest but it kept slipping around and was hard to deal with. Also I just in general seem weaker at lockouts exercises. Working on them could be good step towards a 315 bench. Also I like static holds doing them revealed to me that my right wrist is really weak under the pressure of 275 so I should strengthen my wrists. The DB CGBP is done with two db's you just lay on the floor hold the db's up as if for db bench but then turn 90 degrees so your db's are facing towards your head then you put them together. I like doing them cause they do get a good tricep pump which is nice everyonce in a while, plus strengthen you

Back at school when I lifted with my roommate who is about 6'1, he floor pressed more than he could board press.

It is a lot easier for a stocky little fck like me to lock out my arms than it is for a taller person.

On the flip side I think a taller person is able to generate more force at the bottom of the lift because of their increased wingspan.

Last edited:
for a fat person a floor press is like a 1 or 1.5 board press ROM

for a lean person with long arms a floor press is more like a 3 board press ROM

that is how some are much stronger at it than others

about the stiff legs... stiff leg deads are done from the floor or even off platform, romanian deads you dont need a platform for because you arch your back so hard you can only go down to mid-shin depth :)

Top Bottom