Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Log

Thanks jdid! I dont even know where that came from haha no way I would have thought I was anywhere near 135x12, 135x9 even surprised me. Hows the lifting coming for you?

yeah i didn't expect to see you put up a PR anytime in the near future, let alone 2 weeks lol.

My training is shitty only because my shoulder is hindering all my upper body movements for my chest/shoulders... biceps even hurt them.... so i'm taking a week off on all upper body exercises. Once my injury is better, hopefully within the next week or two, i'll start training upper body again. For now, tryin to bring my squat/deadlift up slowly and steadily while working on my form since its been too many months since i've done thoem.

Monday 5.30.11

Paused bench lockouts (instead of 2 board press, decreased the rom about 3 inches)
45x5
135x5
185x3
205x3
225x1
245x1
265x1
275x0 (totally messed this rep up. hit it against the rack)

Close grip incline bench (45 degree +)
175x3
185x3 PR

Front Squat
135x2
185x2
225x1
225x1
225x1

DB Row (slow and controlled, full rom and each one paused on floor)
4x8xheaviest db in gym

Comments: Good workout. Paused bench is a little weak but the fact that it is paused always kills me. CGIBP went great, felt strong and solid. I definitely want to keep it in any future routines I do. Front squat was supposed to be lighter but even 225 felt quite heavy, my form was extremely awkward too since its been awhile since I've done solid back squatting and much longer for front squats period.

Speed bench
2x3x170 wide
1x1x170 normal

Bench
225x2
255x2
265x1
275x1

back to speed bench
2x3x170 normal
3x3x170 close

DB extension floor
2x8x40's

20 minutes any upper body exercise (i cut it down a little)

Dips

Forearms curls nonstop right arm then left etc
5x10x25
1x5x25

Comments: Solid workout. Speed bench felt powerful, and the regular bench went well. I did get a spot for 275 and he touched the bar at the end though. The goal wasnt maxing out here it was to get ready, today is the last day of the 6 week bench routine so I will max out next week. Unfortunately since I lost strength from not being consistent I dont think my max is much over 275 though. However at 180 pounds 6'1 that aint bad. All my weight loss has been fat which makes me happy too. I used to have to struggle to get into the 2nd to last notch on my weightbelt, now I can get into the last notch without difficulty.

Bodyweight: 180.4

275 bench at 6'1, 180lbs is excellent imho.

I won't be surprised if I have hard time benching 225 when I drop down to 205-215. I've pretty much dropped bench with my training style change, but still think it's a great upperbody pressing movement.

Thanks ghetto and jdid!

Ghetto: I've always enjoyed bench a lot and despite it being the average gym lift I'll always love it. Good luck with your new goals too I'm sure you will be quite lean and bad ass at 205!

Jdid: Yeah I haven't done anything isolation related until this routine which has me do some stuff every once in a while. I tell you I forgot how much fun it is to get pumped. Especially with those db extensions just two sets of those and my triceps are burning haha

Haha oso lets go!

Sunday 6.5.11

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
275x3
315x3
345x2
365x5

Military press
145x8 PR
2x5x145

Weighted pullups
50x4
50x3
50x3

Comments: Good stuff. I learned 2 great things this workout :
1. My legs are really week from not doing squats consistently in forever. My back always maintains strength but on every rep of these deadlifts i could feel my back having to take over and my legs buckling

2. I need to deadlift every 7-8 days. I really noticed the difference where things were harder today since it had been from last wednesday to this sunday. Too long.

Military press went great though!

wtf military press? the hardest lift to improve on on a week to week basis, and you're PRing every fuckin week. atta boy!

wtf military press? the hardest lift to improve on on a week to week basis, and you're PRing every fuckin week. atta boy!

Thanks man I've been really happy with my military press. I've decided on a simple progression scheme. I take a weight (say 135) and rep it as many times possible for a first set, then do 2 more sets at fewer reps. The next week I will do the same until I get over 10 reps, then move up the weight (either 5 or 10 pounds).

I really cant wait for a 185 military press! (That would be 5 pounds over bodyweight for me now)

Top Bottom