Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Cycle: Dbol only? Old School? True?

tallguy93

Hi,

Im 6ft 4 and half.
Weight: 94KG
Gym: 1-2 years, good frame!

Im wanting to do a dbol only cycle. Been reading about old school bodybuilders doing 20mg a day of dbol only for 8 or 10 or 12 weeks? This reduces the side affects and allows you to keep more of the gains with less bloat? Is this true? I would then do nolva as a pct is there were side affects?

Can anyone help on this first cycle. Im looking to bulk and become a monster. :qt:

I eat well and alot!

Obviously its harder as im taller.
Any suggestions?

I'm far from skinny mate, have about 8-9% body fat! But now I'm looking to bulk and get to around 120kg? Long term goal! I'm 21 as well. Had a break for 6 months now just started again, put on 4 kg in 3 months

I'm far from skinny mate, have about 8-9% body fat! But now I'm looking to bulk and get to around 120kg? Long term goal! I'm 21 as well. Had a break for 6 months now just started again, put on 4 kg in 3 months

You are skinny my friend. You have low body fat so your muscles look more defined and 'bigger'. I'm about your height, a bit taller and weigh 120kg and consider myself lean, not big. You're not going to gain 28kg on dbol. Get in the gym, start a high protein, high calorie diet and bulk naturally. You're nowhere near your genetic potential. You're too young, wait until you're at least 25 to start using because you're not going to be mature enough until then.

It might not be what you want to hear but you're obviously looking for a quick fix. I've only just started using and spent 8-9 years in the gym working my arse off. 1-2 years and you think you're ready to start juicing? You're using the fact that you're tall as an excuse, I'm taller and yes it's hard to look as big as shorter guys but it can be achieved with hard work. Don't be lazy, put in some dedication and you'll find that you grow mentally as well as physically.

Thank you, I value your opinion as we are similar height! There are far less tall big guys than short big guys! I train hard and eat well being this tall I new too! What do you find to be the best diet and training plan for you for your height?

Thank you, I value your opinion as we are similar height! There are far less tall big guys than short big guys! I train hard and eat well being this tall I new too! What do you find to be the best diet and training plan for you for your height?

because short guys can eat way less and get more benefit.

your problem is you have a lot more skeletal structure so you gotta eat way more. you are only 21 and still a baby. no reason for you to mess with steroids period until you fix your diet first. the fact that you are only 8% body fat for a guy with very little muscle mass tells me you aren't eating enough.

Okay thank you! Did you find working out each muscle group twice a week helped more or just chest tri back bi split?

Okay thank you! Did you find working out each muscle group twice a week helped more or just chest tri back bi split?

dude you gotta work out your legs.

i know for a fact you don't work your legs out. how do i know? cause i wasn't born yesterday and knew from when you first posted you were young and skinny.

you need to not only fix your diet, but you need to find a training regime .. you have A LOT of work to do now to get on proper track. use the diet and weightlifting sub forums to your advantage now.

Get into heavy compound lifting bro. Nothing will build a better base than getting key form down on the big lifts. Master these and pack on some dense mass, and then worry about more isolation work. Look into a push pull legs routine( focusing on compound lifts first ( bench, squat, deadlift, row, military press)
Or look into stronglifts 5x5. I personally used stronglifts 5x5 to go from what I " thought " was a big 190 lbs at 6'0 lol up to 215. Also look at steves bulking diet, I think it's in his link. Build a better base and get strong. Those compound lifts will help you strengthen your ligaments and tendons too, so when you do decide to take steroids you won't get so strong so fast that you tear something!!

There's nothing wrong with a low dose dbol only cycle to get you past your plateus, but now isn't the time, all you will do is blow up and shrink back down. Especially if just using an upper body only routine. When the storm comes do you wanna be the 6'4 tree that a breeze can knock over, or do you want to be the redwood with thick tree trunks for legs. Build strong legs and the upper body will follow... And you won't be lanky at 6'4 with thick legs

Good man for listening to the advice. I'm not a steroid guru, there's going to be thousands on here who are more knowledgeable than me, two of them being the gentlemen above. But I do have a sports science degree and have played rugby at professional level for several years so know my way around dieting and exercise.

First off, we are lucky. Tall guys tend to get first pick of the girls, tall muscular guys (who as you said are rare), top the lot. However, as said above, we need to eat a hell of a lot more to achieve what we want. I'll just list food groups and items that you should look to consume and a few that you should avoid.

Here comes the essay.

PROTEIN: Pretty obvious one. Muscles are made up primarily from protein building blocks called amino acids. Your muscles heal when amino acids and various other nutrients travel through your bloodstream into your muscles. Hence why protein is important. Rule of thumb is 1g of protein per pound of body weight. 1.5g if you are bulking. So as you are 207lbs you're looking at just over 310g of protein a day.

Eating 310g worth of protein a day through meat is going to make you a very poor man, so you'll need to integrate protein shakes into your diet on a regular basis. There's plenty of good tasting whey protein out there that offer different nutritional values at different prices. Find one that you enjoy and can afford.

Calorie intake is important, you've got to do what you're comfortable with. I've gone through bulking cycles where I eat nearly 8,000 calories a day. Not for the faint hearted, but anything upwards of 4,000 is going to be good enough for us tall guys.

As for food, you can find plenty of information on the internet about what you can eat but I'll give you a few examples.

Lean beef, eggs, fish/shellfish, tofu, lamb, pork, chicken, turkey.

CARBOHYDRATES: They break down as glucose which essentially fuels your body. This should be the bulk of your diet, about 2g per pound of body weight if you're bulking. You've got simple carbs and complex carbs. Complex carbs offer the best nutritional value, will keep you going for longer and are healthier for you than simple carbs. These have less nutritional value. Another thing to consider is to primarily eat carbs with a low glycemic index. These are slow releasing, which fuels your body for longer.

Examples of complex carbs with a low glycemic index are; brown rice, pasta, wholemeal bread, oats/porridge, sweet potatoes, FRUIT AND VEG (not many see these groups as carbohydrates, but they are and are extremely important in muscle development).

(GOOD) FATS: I say good because most people associate fats as being bad for you. Where as in reality there are many good fats that really help in muscle development and vitality. They assist in hormonal production, so with a good foundation of fat in your diet, your testosterone levels will be higher.

Examples of 'good' fats are, PEANUT BUTTER (I eat a shed load of this stuff, great bodybuilding food), olive oil, sunflower oil, avocados, olives, walnuts, tofu etc...

AVOID: You need to focus on what not to eat as well, especially if you're doing a clean bulk which I always recommend. It's simple, if it comes from a fast rood restaurant, don't touch it. If it comes out of a can (soda) don't touch it. Your body wants water, give it water because it's all it needs. You can use your common sense really. That isn't to say that you can never treat yourself every so often, enjoy what you're doing. Go out, have a few beers, have a burger and enjoy yourself every once in a while.

TRAINING:

This is the fun part, I've posted this in the past. It's my old pre season workout and never fails, gets you absolutely knackered. When you get to an advanced stage you're going to want to start isolating your major muscle groups and doing them on separate days because after a huge leg day, you're just not going to feel able to do anything else. Rest is important, your muscles grow in your sleep, not the gym. When you work out, your muscle fibers tear, when they repair they come back stronger, which is why people get bigger. Simple! But for now, use this or pick certain groups and set specific days to them.

3 sets per exercise.

Bench Press x 10-12 superset with Push ups x 20. Rest 1 minute.

Seated rows x 12 superset with Pull ups x 8. Rest 1 minute.

Leg press x 12 superset with lunges x 10 each leg. Rest 1 minute.

Dumbbell press x 12 superset with Lat Pull down x 10. Rest 1 minute.

Crunches x 15 superset with Leg raises x 10. Rest 1 minute.

Squat x 10 superset with Bridge (lie face down, elbows tucked in, backside up) x 45 seconds. Rest 1 minute.

Bicep curl x 15 superset with Triceps x 15. Rest 1 minute.

As far as the weight is concerned it depends on where you are at physically. Old school style is find your 1RM and do 3 sets at around 70% of that. But do what you're comfortable with. As I said, rest is important. So 3-4 times a week is all you should be doing for now. If you feel you can go every single day then up the weight.

This took me a solid 30 minutes to write out so I hope you appreciate it! Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom