Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

FIBER On Ketogenic Diet.. Should It Count As Regular Carbs?

MonStar1023

*Does FIBER Count As Carbs On KETOGENIC DIET?*

I was curious if whether or not FIBER should be counted in Total (g) Carbs while doing a CKD type diet??
:D:D

pstagg...

Aight bro thanks.. I know who you are from WBB.com haha you definitely know you shit. Thanks for reply bro.
:):)

Although fiber is a carb it does not count towards carb intake because your body cannot digest or absorb it. You merely shit it out.

There are two types of fiber:
Soluble and insoluble. Soubles (like apples or citrus) gel in water and can actually "grab" onto fat and move it thru digestive system. Insolubles (like leafy greens & grains) absorb water and help to "move things along". But both are resistant to human digestive enzymes.

I think if you take a fiber supplement that gives you the fiber (g) without eating the actual foods, NO it doesn't count count. But if you eat fiberous foods than some of those carbs will turn to sugar.
Apple pectin fiber is inexpensive and not a "gassy" fiber.

I might be wrong but i thought mr. X said fiber intake does count, and cozmo disagreed and said it doesn't count.

I know tha general atkins diets say it doesn't count.

But i'm not too sure...... When my diet is totally disciplined and i'm eating close to zero carbs , i dont' wanna even take a slight risk to fuck things up.

I used to drink diet coke like a maniac, but now i found out tha citric acid "may" kick u out of ketosis,,, i'm not gonna risk it though , so i dont' drink that anymore (it used to be my fav :( )

Anyways,,i gotta get some keto sticks..then i can tell for sure what fiber,diet coke, etc. does to me.

I guess everyone is different also.

EVERYONE GO GET SOME KETO STICKS!

Laterz..

Ummm the definition if fiber is carbohydrates that cannot be digested by the humans. It should not be confused with fiber rich foods which may also contain a lot of digestible carbs. On a keto diet there is nothing wrong (in fact it's a good idea) with downing some metamucil or other CARB free fiber. If you're not on a keto diet then you don't need to count the grams of fiber towards your daily carb intake.

Top Bottom