Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

female diet recommendation

TheBigDog

I have a friend who I am trying to help right now...

She is an Asian, 5"2, 98lb, 28% BF. She has always been active. She does some recreational lifting and running. HOwever she has never set herself to achieve a goal.

SHe talked to me the other day and watned to drop his BF% to about 20% and gain muscle. She asked me for advice and now I am trying to figure out her nutrition split for her.

I figure her LBM is about 70lb. So this is what I am THINKING...

To lose BF% and gain muscle (it is hard to do it simultaneously, but I have done it before...), I am thinking she should probably be taking about 1333 cal daily, w/ a C/P/F split of 50/30/20. According to a 1333 calcuulation, she would be taking..

50% Carb (166g)
30% Protein (100g)
20% Fat (66g)

Pair that up w/ cardio exercise 4-5 times a week and proper weight training 3-4 times a week, will that work? Will 150g of protein too much for her (that's over 2g / lb of her current weight)

ANY comments are appreciated. I am a guy and this is the first time I am helping my female friend...so I could be doing something REALLY wrong. Please advice.

thriller said:
just a question big dog. do you live in mississauga?

Sorry, I am not from mississauga.

Thank you for the information. Can somebody comment if the calorie intake is sufficient for her perpose? (lose fat and gain muscle) Is the protein intake sufficient?

Thank you.

spatts said:
Being a fan of carb rotating means I'm also a fan of calorie rotating. I find it easier to lose without crashing when I eat 200-500 cals below my AMR...and my AMR changes day to day, so I don't eat the same amount every day.

I understand the benefits of calorie rotating. However, this friend of mine just started w/ this nutrition / fitness plan. She has never counted calories in her life and I just don't want to overwhelm her w/ too many variables. She is only eating 3-4 meals a day and my guess is she is not eating enuf protein and not enuf calorie, thus having slow metabolism. I am still working on jump starting her on the idea of logging her food intake and such. So I am just trying to find a reasonable daily calorie intake for her to stick w/, just to give her an idea to start w/.

That's why I wonder..if 1300-1500 cal is a good number w/ the C/P/F split described.

spatts said:
As long as she burns off more than she takes in, keeps the carbs complex in the AM, and fibrous in the PM, and gets protein at every meal...and good fat too (30g a day or so), she'll be fine.

In the beginning, baby steps go a long way. :)

Thank you very much Spatts. YOu are the BEST!! :)

ide recommend having double that amount of good fats...
last year when i kept to 30g fats..i developed psoriasis. Now that I have at least 60g good fats a day..im fine!
its a personal thing..she should be careful though of dropping fats too low.

my 0.2;)

Top Bottom