Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ending friendships......

jh1 said:
I am whatever you want me to be baby cakes...

I know a down syndrome who says baby cakes and then kisses his biceps. Reggie is that you?

I had a habit of making friends who were not very nice to me, some of them were downright nasty and I sat there and took it, blamed myself (the only way I knew how to be). Then I did a wholelotta introspection, gained a new point of view and now I only have time for people who are positive.
:) <---- happy me

Nathan said:
What's the difference between self-asborbed and self-centered?
lumberg and i had this discussion recently and I'll tell you my own personal interpretation. then you'll probably go search google for a better definition and find I am all wrong....

self-absorbed: living in your own little world. not someone who "puts themselve out there" so to speak. like i am satisified with my life and i require very little in the way of other people's involvement in order to be happy in my life.

self-centered: thinks the world revolves around them and their needs/demands. puts themselves before others and expects others to adhere to their demands. inflated sense of self-importance, so to speak.

so to me, these are two totally different characteristics.

I don't know that I have. I still have the same friends that I've had for over 20 years. I have 3 friends that I always keep in contact with. That's enough.

Smurfy said:
lumberg and i had this discussion recently and I'll tell you my own personal interpretation. then you'll probably go search google for a better definition and find I am all wrong....

self-absorbed: living in your own little world. not someone who "puts themselve out there" so to speak. like i am satisified with my life and i require very little in the way of other people's involvement in order to be happy in my life.

self-centered: thinks the world revolves around them and their needs/demands. puts themselves before others and expects others to adhere to their demands. inflated sense of self-importance, so to speak.

so to me, these are two totally different characteristics.

I'd say that I'm self-absorbed to a large degree. I can only be around people (including my friends), in little chunks of time and then I have to get the fuck away from them and back into my own world.

The main reason I hate work is because I have to be around other people all day. I love to work at home. People get on my nerves bad. You should see me in traffic. Bunch of idiots on the road.

Smurfy said:
yeah. i guess so :verygood:

Your personality is a lot like mine when it comes to dealing with people.

Top Bottom