Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ending friendships......

This girl I knew in college had the stinkiest feet ever. One night, while totally drunk, I told her that her feet made me want to shoot myself and wash them once and awhile.

She never spoke to me again....and I never had to nearly die from smelling her shitty feet.

One guy friend of mine accused me of stealing $20 from him. I was out of town when this supposedly happened.....so I invited him to a party the following weekend and punched him in the face in front of about 30 people. We were friends for like 15 years before this incident.

I never had any friends who did any terrible things to me. i just drifted away from mostly everyone i was close with and to this day, i dont keep in contact with much of anyone, except one friend from c0llege, and even with her, Im very bad at keeping in touch. I'm way too self-absorbed (NOT self-centered) and I'm too much of a hermit to be a good functional friend to anyone.

heatherrae said:
I've grown apart from some because of long distance.

Others did really terrible things or revealed a really toxic personality that I didn't feel I needed in my life.

I always hung on to toxic friends thinking I can help or change them. It's the codepedent idiot in me.
It was tough walking away from 4 close friends, but my life changed once I did.
So many toxic ppl out there

gotmilk said:
This girl I knew in college had the stinkiest feet ever. One night, while totally drunk, I told her that her feet made me want to shoot myself and wash them once and awhile.

She never spoke to me again....and I never had to nearly die from smelling her shitty feet.

One guy friend of mine accused me of stealing $20 from him. I was out of town when this supposedly happened.....so I invited him to a party the following weekend and punched him in the face in front of about 30 people. We were friends for like 15 years before this incident.

I had a friend that used to steal. We stayed her friend b/c we (me and another friend) wanted to help her and she just contiuned to screw us over....ugh! I should have punched her in the face

blueta2 said:
I always hung on to toxic friends thinking I can help or change them. It's the codepedent idiot in me.
i always had the opposite problem> caring enough about people to actually be friends with them. EVen when I like people a lot as friends I still dont act like it for some reason. it's the lazy in me I guess. dont call. dont pick up the phone when it rings. when i was younger I also had the habit of saying i'll be somewhere and then totally blowing it off. wtf. i suck.

blueta2 said:
What are some of the reasons you ended a friendship?

Three ones stand out:

1) Erin - She was my best friend since 8th grade. We had quite the roller coaster friendship. Lots of highs, lots of lows. We were at our closest freshman year of college after her mother passed. I was really her strongest support in that terrible time and we had worked through all of our difficult history.

Sadly, Erin and I started to go different directions. After her mother died she lost all motivation to do anything with her life. Her mom, to Erin's credit, was an amazing woman and an amazingly positive force in the lives of anyone she knew, including mine (I mourned her death deeply and my father even did the service). Erin turned to drugs, I was devoted to my own goals. I tried to stay friends with her but the people she got involved with....let's just say it got to an awkward point were we had little in common anymore. I still miss her.

2) Stefanie - A very close friend in college. One of my three or four closest. I loved her to death but she was very self centered in the purest sense of the term. She was so wrapped up in herself that she was oblivious to who got left in her wake. In a couple of months time she had slept with the boyfriend of one girl in our group and the ex of another. Everyone kind of turned on her and one night she IMed me asking me if I hated her too. I told her I didn't, though I was appalled by the things she'd done. She started saying things like, "I just want to jump out the window" so I hauled ass over to her room.

I found her hysterical, talking about suicide, and tough love Lilly came out. I pulled her off the floor and commanded her to get some things together to stay with me that night. she didn't want to, so I threw some things in a backpack for her and proceeded to drag her halfway across campus to where I was living. At this point I realized I was not equipped to deal with the situation - I could stay up all night and watch her, but then what?

I talked to my RA and told her Stef was suicidal. She called campus cops. I felt like Judas but, as I told Stef, "I'd rather you hate my guts and be alive." She as taken to a hospital for evaluation. When she came back the next day she told me she understood and forgave me for what I did, but things were never the same after that. I don't regret my choice.

3) Stephanie - (with a PH) This the only time I have consciously chosen not to be friends with someone. When it was just me and her, the girl was a blast and true to the end. I could count on her for anything. But enter a guy into the equation....let's say she had some severe self esteem issues that she took out on me on a regular basis and my endless well of forgiveness and patience finally, at one point, ran dry. I bent over backwards for this girl to try and make sure she never felt bad about herself around me, but finally I reached a point where...enough was enough.

Smurfy said:
I never had any friends who did any terrible things to me. i just drifted away from mostly everyone i was close with and to this day, i dont keep in contact with much of anyone, except one friend from c0llege, and even with her, Im very bad at keeping in touch. I'm way too self-absorbed (NOT self-centered) and I'm too much of a hermit to be a good functional friend to anyone.

Lucky, I had two very close friends do such AWFUL things to me and their other friends.

The girl I just ended a friendship with last night did the worst stuff to me.
Two yrs ago when I was on vacation, she came over to my place and told my neighbor who was feeding my cats that she would feed them at my request. It was a lie and she stayed in my house for a week, ate my food, used all my tide, had her son live here, she used my pool, my pc and then my neighbor told me she had a guy stay over. (she lived in a rat hole)
I WAS LIVID! This random "lay" she brought over could have hurt my cats or robbed me and I had tons of my parents art here.
She apologized, cried and swore she was sorry when I confronted her. I forgave her cause I wanted to help her and cause I was codependent
She started to change her sad life of drugs, booze, fucking every guy that moves, abusing her son and went to school and became a nurses aid.
Then she pulled another few stunts since and last night it finally came to a FINAL end!

blueta2 said:
I did too, until I got pregnant. Then, I cut them all off.

Top Bottom