Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Elbow Tendonitis

I take it PRP or prolotherapy hasn't been mentioned.

PRP healed a full thickness tear of my supraspinatus tendon. Took a while, had to have a couple of fat grafts, will never be perfect, but it was a full thickness tear that healed without surgery. You jump on tendon problems early, before they get as severe as mine was, you can totally repair them -- with the right doc.

Read posts 28,37,38,39.

PRP (which I have had) for tendonosis (not a tear) is pretty much a waste of money. Meaning for double the money for a treatment it takes up to 6 weeks to really reap its benefits. And for tendonosis, regular prolo with a dextrose/water based test suspension/lido mix is far superior in results. I have had prolo in the forms of PRP, Dextrose, Sodium morrhuate, Dextrose/test suspension mix. Nothing comes close to the last one in regards to results when it does not involve a tear.
For any sort of tear PRP is the obvious choice. But I doubt it would benefit the OP as much as other prolo methods.

I take it PRP or prolotherapy hasn't been mentioned.

Ive been peddling it here for many years but as burnthiscorpse (one guy who actually took my advice years ago) mentioned most dont want to pay out of pocket, they would rather get "free" cortisone paid for by insurance and ruin their joints.

Read posts 28,37,38,39.

PRP (which I have had) for tendonosis (not a tear) is pretty much a waste of money. Meaning for double the money for a treatment it takes up to 6 weeks to really reap its benefits. And for tendonosis, regular prolo with a dextrose/water based test suspension/lido mix is far superior in results. I have had prolo in the forms of PRP, Dextrose, Sodium morrhuate, Dextrose/test suspension mix. Nothing comes close to the last one in regards to results when it does not involve a tear.
For any sort of tear PRP is the obvious choice. But I doubt it would benefit the OP as much as other prolo methods.
PRP is operator dependent. You have a good doc, you get good results. I'm lucky, the guy I go to is one of the best in the country (seriously, people come across the country to see him). He also does stem cell therapy, it's a process called Regenexx. Wish I could afford that but not at near $10k a pop ... but damn, if I hit the lottery ...

I've had prolo, it it's place particularly for minor injuries and tendon thinning, but too a lot of this comes down to the doctor's insight and ability to diagnose and do the work. Some docs take a weekend seminar and call themselves experts. You have to look at the doctor's training and board certifications to begin with and then try to get feedback on success of his treatment record.

It's like Chiropractic. You get a good chiropractor, you swear by the stuff. You get a bad one, you'll swear they all suck (kind of the way some men feel about women, I guess).

Ive been peddling it here for many years but as burnthiscorpse (one guy who actually took my advice years ago) mentioned most dont want to pay out of pocket, they would rather get "free" cortisone paid for by insurance and ruin their joints.
It's about financial perspective, seriously. Either you pay the money up front or you pay it in the back end. I think grand total, for treatment of six joints (PRP once a year for O/A both knees -- I can't do Synvisc any more, had a reaction -- multiple PRP and fat grafts in both shoulders for multiple injuries and serious tears, PRP in both elbows for epicondylosis) I've maybe laid out a total of $10k over three years. My damned deductible for my health insurance is $4k a year. I would have paid more for surgery (don't forget to add in the cost of months of PT at $35 a pop) and been in an immobilizer to boot ... hell, I never once lost total use of any of my extremities. If I'd gone surgical I would have had two years where my arms would have been completely out of commission for several months. And if it wasn't for PRP I'd be looking at knee replacement surgery in a decade or two, they were going bad fast. I think I'm going to get to keep my knees until I take the final big dirt nap, they feel the best they have in years (also found a new supplement, I was skeptical but Solgar No. 7 seems to be living up to its claims).

PRP is operator dependent. You have a good doc, you get good results. I'm lucky, the guy I go to is one of the best in the country (seriously, people come across the country to see him). He also does stem cell therapy, it's a process called Regenexx. Wish I could afford that but not at near $10k a pop ... but damn, if I hit the lottery ...

I've had prolo, it it's place particularly for minor injuries and tendon thinning, but too a lot of this comes down to the doctor's insight and ability to diagnose and do the work. Some docs take a weekend seminar and call themselves experts. You have to look at the doctor's training and board certifications to begin with and then try to get feedback on success of his treatment record.

It's like Chiropractic. You get a good chiropractor, you swear by the stuff. You get a bad one, you'll swear they all suck (kind of the way some men feel about women, I guess).

My prolo doc is one of the best in the business. He has been doing prolo for 20+ years. He has studied under some of the biggest prolo innovators and continues to do so. PRP again... doesn't give instant gratification (in a week or two) like other forms do. It doesn't give the level of irritation of test suspension. But then its more about growth factors also. Of all the prolo I have had done PRP was the least effective for chronic tendonosis. My PT/chiro who is a competitive powerlifter on the national level and also a client/friend of the same prolo doc has had PRP done for tendonitis and also for triceps and brachialis tears. The PRP was much more effective for the tears. (obviously).
Whereas no where near as effective on simple rotator tendonitis as other forms of prolo.
My doc charges me what the insurance would pay for an office visit(doesn't take my insurance). He knows I pay cash so he doesn't gouge me. 6 areas of prolo yesterday were $210. 20 cc's of painful goodness. Yeah...pretty fucking crazy reasonable. PRP is $520. Plus 60ml of blood only makes so much plasma. So I have to choose one or two small areas. With something this expensive he would want to use the Doppler ultrasound to see exactly where each pin was going. As opposed to going on feel with regular prolo which is cheap and easy to mix up multiple syringes full should he run out. My only try PRP was very disappointing. I just didn't need it as opposed to regular prolo.
Its great...don't get me wrong. But just not financially worth it unless there is a muscle/tendon tear involved.

This is a little off topic Z, but what point does your body just excrete vit c through urination? Would you say over 3g just gets pissed away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is a little off topic Z, but what point does your body just excrete vit c through urination? Would you say over 3g just gets pissed away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

only about 20 oral vit C gets absorbed and when it does it has like a 30 minute half life.

With the above in you want to figure out how much you can take at one time without causing diarrhea. And then take that much every 3-4 hours throughout the day.

That way you have a constant stream of it running through your system.

Moral of the story is yes, you will always be pissing out about 80% of what you ingest but there are literally like 10,000 papers written on vit C and they all show a positive benefit of one form or another. and at about 10cents a gram for ascorbic acid crystals 20g a day runs about a buck a day, cheap insurance against many maladies including heart disease.

I'm curious about this too. I take between 6-8 grams a day but only a gram at a time

Multiple frequent dosing is your best bet due to short half life, that way you have it always coming in.

Top Bottom