Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating before workout

Bluecrew12

I know you arent supposed to eat before a work out but what about a shake. (something like slim fast). I am also taking ripped fuel, does that aid and make a diet shake that much better for me?

I know you arent supposed to eat before a work out but what about a shake. (something like slim fast). I am also taking ripped fuel, does that aid and make a diet shake that much better for me?

It depends on what your goals are.
I take it you are trying to lose fat (cut).

As a clarification: You should NOT eat before morning cardio, for maximal fat loss. Eat 1hr AFTER the END of the workout.

For weights, I would not do them during the am , as from personal exp. i get very tired from this, and I've heard the same from many others. It is stilll alright though, but since your muscles are out of carb stores (because of the overnight fast while you hopefully were sleeping) you shouldn't have that much energy.

I eat some simple carbs 1hr prior to working out.
I eat something like

1 banana (25C)
2 turkey breasts, or chicken breasts.

But I am cutting. Keep the food fairly light pre workout and about 30-60mins prior to the workout, otherwise you'll either puke it out or the energy will be used up for something other than solely the workout (if you eat it WAY before the workout, say 3hrs).

Slim fasts and the like (im not sure about slim fast) but they are usually crap. For instance, take weight watcher's fat loss yoghurt. The label says 99% fat free. But look at the label again, 30g of carbs (sugar!)
Steer clear of these fad products.

GO with proven supps if you must have supps.
Optimum whey I hear is pretty good and cheap (5lbs jug - $25). I've tried designer before and I love it, but kinda steep on the price (be sure you buy interenet though -- half the price !_)

good luck i hope i clarified some

as for ripped fuel (eca)....it works.

Take it 30 mins prior to am cardio.

You'll see results if you eat a proper diet, and drink plenty of water. results come soon......be patient though. the energy buzz will leave in a matter of days, but the fat burning effects don't (for me it hasn't , yet Im on Xenadrine- shouldn't be any diff.)

peace

"For weights, I would not do them during the am , as from personal exp. i get very tired from this, and I've heard the same from many others. It is stilll alright though, but since your muscles are out of carb stores (because of the overnight fast while you hopefully were sleeping) you shouldn't have that much energy."

Actually blood_drinker, studies have clearly shown that more growth hormone is released durning morning training than any other. Also keep in mind that not everyone who trains is 15 and in high school, so we must do what we can to train and if that means lifting at 5am, so be it. I'd recommend from personal experience a whey protein shake with about 20 grams of protein to prevent catabolism and some peanut butter, which will give you some energy for your workout. Afterwards, get a good postworkout shake. Take the slim fast and throw it out the window. Avoid simple carbs other than fructose and the slow digesting type before your workout. ECA is a good thing before workouts, just don't let it become your crutch.

Actually blood_drinker, studies have clearly shown that more growth hormone is released durning morning training than any other. Also keep in mind that not everyone who trains is 15 and in high school, so we must do what we can to train and if that means lifting at 5am, so be it. I'd recommend from personal experience a whey protein shake with about 20 grams of protein to prevent catabolism and some peanut butter, which will give you some energy for your workout. Afterwards, get a good postworkout shake. Take the slim fast and throw it out the window. Avoid simple carbs other than fructose and the slow digesting type before your workout. ECA is a good thing before workouts, just don't let it become your crutch.

I realize that.
1) About the growth hormone ...i've been told that before- yet never read the study. Do you have one handy? Also is this hormone released in the morning due to your fasted state or simply because that's just how it works? Because if the answer is the latter, I could combine it with food, and get an awesome combo. I know you recommended peanut butter with whey - but because of the fact that I mistakenely assumed that this guy wanted to train in the am due to all the talk about am training and fasted states, and then you recommend eating in the morning, that question popped into my head. do you happen to know the answer?

2) About the 15 and being in HS and me being a slacker (you didn't say that, but it sounded like it). Let me tell you, I wake up at 5 am myself -- everyday. Everday - for my morning cardio. Why>? Because I have school.
I can't find ONE person in my school that would have the willpower to do such shit. Everyone tells me I'm crazy for doing such crap. I'm a lot of things - but I ain't no slacka

peace

No offense intended bro. The gh release is best on an empty stomach, but a study is like an asshole, everyone has one. One study I read stated that hypertrophy is best in the am and strength gains in the pm. Jose Antonio says that empty stomach workouts in the am spur the most gh release. However, most people just cannot take that sort of torture. My opinion is that am workouts will produce a raised metabolism throughout the day, of course that is if one only has time to go once a day. I never called you a slacker and being that I have been through high school and many years of college, I realize the stresses it entails.

thanks a lot guys. if slim fast sucks the other thing i am using is something called the ultimate lean routine. i dont know anything about it but i just got some for free. do you know anything about it? i am looking for something to take place of a meal but not make me feel like shit. any help would be appreciated.

thanks man.
but about the "raised metabolism during the day"
is it really THROUGHOUT the day, or only like the couple of hours following it?

The lean routine is just another infomercial gimmick. Just stick to quality MRP's and economy protein. As for raised metabolism, the study I have at home shows increased fat burning for 24hrs after anaerobic exercise. The most comes within the first 12. Being that metabolism slows down while sleeping, I speculate that more fat will be burned while in a waking state. Just an opinion though.

Top Bottom