Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DUMBBELL PULLOVERS- part of CHEST or BACK routine?

Wrlord: Arnold was good, but he was just in the right place at the right time.

He thought that concentration curls would add peak to a bicep. Bull. If this were true, then how come he had more peak on his right bicep than his left? Why didn't he just correct it through concentration curls?

Arnold had good genetics and good drugs, and like some of the pros these days, he didn't know as much as he thought he did.

LOL hahahaha good one I'D RATHER, yeah lyn, how exactly do you do that, fill us in c'mon tell us the secret lol

yes chaps back in the good old days, when people new what they were talking about and used effort and brains rather than just drugs, this was a common superset.

squat heavy as soon as u put down the bar, ly across and bench and do ur cross bench pull overs.

ur rib cage is already heaving from the squatting this excercise actually expands ur rib cage, the rib cage is not fixed as its joined to the sternum by cartiledge . end of story. fact.

and please lads a note for the future , if i dont no what ur talking about dont respond, especially with laughter.

if it was good enough for arnold i think i might be an ok excercise for u boys.

ps after about 25 years of age its much harder if not impossible to actually expand the rib cage

read and gain knowledge before u respond next time boys

i apologize boys to ur superior knowledge. i went to my library and the first book i took down was musclemags encyclopedia of bodybuilding. page 112

the following quote if from some know nothing called dennis tinerino (yeah a lousy mr universe, what does he know)

' i believe that half the battle in acquiring a fully developed chest is in correct stretching of the rib cage. by super-settting the squat with the cross-bench dumbell pull over in the right way , u can slowly stretch the length of the cartilage that attach the ribs to the sternum. i feel that u can add up to six inches to ur chest within six months regardless of ur age.'

well who i am, and more importantly u, to argue?

dumbbell pullovers

Haha I am not taking a side in this at all however I will definitely reply that I have used crossbench dumbbell pullovers for a long time (ages 13-18) and slowly increased the weights really focusing on breathing and stretching at the bottom a lot and my rib cabe is huge.

I know for a fact that my chest would be far from 49" without the size of rib cage. Just standing flexing my chest and lats is far from as big as me taking a huge breath in sticking my chest out to its max. I dont know if I was just born with a really large ribcage (which a few trainers suggested, and a few others suggested that pullovers are doing it) but I have never done the breathing squat or whatever the hell its called. Before I had knee surgery I would do deep heavy squats but never any of that breathing supersetted with pullovers, I have never tried that.

Personally, I would just agree that pullovers really help out the lats and the serratus and intercostals and maybe the chest depending on the position of your arms. ;)

Crossbench dumbel pull-overs primarily work your chest (if done in the traditional manner) whether they can actually help to expand the ribcage by stretching the cartilage is a point which has been debated for a few decades now. It MAY help to expand the ribcage a wee bit but like I said, the jury is out on this one.

kind regards,
jeremy

Top Bottom