Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Drug Free No Suits Powerlifting Federation

I'm not trying to be arsey about it nor suggesting that a belt is comparable with a squat suit. Then again, if someone says 100% raw then I expect better.

Simple question: do you get carry-over from a belt?

If the answer is 'yes' then it's gear.

blut wump said:

Hmmm. That is a VERY interesting point! And I get carry over from a belt, be it from stability in general or from being able to push out against the belt or whatever!

But in all honesty, I dont want anyone who lifts raw to get heated up over this!

I have nothing but respect for raw lifters, even geared lifters are raw lifters for major portions of the year. I hope I havent offended anyone who lifts raw, because I understand why they need to justify their lifts... but I dont think anyone looks at a raw lift record and compares it to a record in a federation that allows gear. If they do they are an asshole.

Like I said, we have a couple of guys we train who only lift raw, and it isnt even an issue among us. Its not even something that is considered worth mentioning...

Everyone lifts they way they do for their own reasons, and more power to them for it! (except bodybuilders, screw those guys! roflmao)

:D

Agreed, that's the only sensible attitude. I lift raw but I have a belt, wraps, straps and chalk in my bag for if the need or the urge takes me.

BadboyAl said:
Wearing nothing but a belt is about as raw as you can get. The suits are basic wrestling singlets not tight 1ply or anything. All winners get drug tested also. I think thats pretty fair.

But this post was me looking for a raw federation. Not an argument about lifting raw or not. I dont care wtf you do.

Since everyone is throwing there 2cent in I will to. I think equipment is fuckn stupid! I think all equipted lifters are very strong. But its stupid to pretend your lifting 600lbs when you can only do 450 without a suit. Seems fake to me.

I'm dont compete in a federation as of yet, but if i did I would go raw. That said I dont care if others wish to wear equipment. Do whatever you like!

youre in NY arent you?
why dont you do this there is a push/pull meet in July at Ultimate fitness in Riverhead

you can compete in the AAPF which is drug tested..also if its your choice you can wear as many ply gear as you want OR you can lift raw..

Lift raw i guarantee you no one will laugh at you so why bash others for making the choice to wear the gear

i didnt bash anyone who uses gear, i said if want to use it be my guess. my personal opinion is that it sucks but i also hate george bush and have family who like him..

most guys who use gear are stronger than non gear lifters and could show up at a raw meet and kick ass..

anyway me and my crew are joining the 100% raw federation... we are going to start focusing on some of there meets.

i think the most importantr thing about raw lifting is the drug testing cause roids are what really bump up the totals...

im working on being a class 1 lifter. my bench is 325 (prob only 305 with pause for comp) squat is around 450 and dl is little over 500 right now..

the monster made a good point, like in all sports gear assist the athletes and people do want to see the big lifts, including me!

to each his own

BadboyAl said:
i didnt bash anyone who uses gear, i said if want to use it be my guess. my personal opinion is that it sucks but i also hate george bush and have family who like him..

most guys who use gear are stronger than non gear lifters and could show up at a raw meet and kick ass..

anyway me and my crew are joining the 100% raw federation... we are going to start focusing on some of there meets.

i think the most importantr thing about raw lifting is the drug testing cause roids are what really bump up the totals...

im working on being a class 1 lifter. my bench is 325 (prob only 305 with pause for comp) squat is around 450 and dl is little over 500 right now..

the monster made a good point, like in all sports gear assist the athletes and people do want to see the big lifts, including me!

to each his own
i dont think thats necessarily true either (what i highlighted)
i think its more that the stronger guys want to lift extreme weights (meaning they wanna put the gear on and push limits)

I appreciate strength which is why i went to the NERB..Im im pressed by a 700lb shirted bench te same as i am a 500lb raw paused bench

If i were you i would go and do the meet..its a good way to test yourself so YOU know where you stand..plus its a great way to meet some local people who are into the same lifting as you

blut wump said:
I'm not trying to be arsey about it nor suggesting that a belt is comparable with a squat suit. Then again, if someone says 100% raw then I expect better.

Belt helps as much as wrist wraps, and that's basicly nothing.

blut wump said:
I thnk that depends mostly on the strength and stability of your core and posterior chain. The weaker your core, the more a belt will help. There's a discussion on belts currently in this thread:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481060

Some say; The weaker your head, the more a belt will help.

I've been able to lift same weights with and without a belt, and that means max lifts (with and without kneewraps and lifting suit).

belt doesn't give lifter the string efect like knee wraps and lifting suit.

Top Bottom