Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone here think that the straight legged deadlift is a gay looking exercise?

gay?? ask may1010......

for the gay view point.

BUT......after viewing his pics from southern decadence, we all know he doesn't work out, so he wouldn't be of much help.

I don't do either one of those exercises either. But yea I can see your point hardgainer about them looking pretty funny looking if you know what i mean. I think a good test if things are gay looking or not is to use the shadow test. Remember the tent scene in Austin Powers 2? That would be a good monitor if something is gay looking.

They work, so who cares?

I do know what you're talking about though. Not wanting to put on a "show", I usually do them in front of a seated bench (set up like for shoulder presses). I line my heels against the base. Nobody gets much of a view because the bench sort of hides me. And I have a nice place to sit between sets.

There is a guy that works at my gym in the evening time, he always watches me when I work out. For most things I don't mind, but it gets uncomfortable when you look in the mirror while doing SLDL's and see him staring back. :FRlol: :worried: :shocked: :bawling:

i get ripped on all the time for doing abduction and adduction exercises. THey look kind of girly when you do them, i admitt that but when i stick my leg out -boom- there is that gracilis

I live in New York City. HAlf of the guys in my gym are gay. and believe me, even they don't care if they look gay or not. They just care when they look at themselves in the mirror and can laugh of whoever make fun of them because they look 10 times better than 90% of the gym population. If the sraight dead lift looks gay, well, do it with fashion and form and look at yourself in the mirror and not at who is looking at you. At the end you will love the results no matter how you thing it looks!

Glassvoice

The gym I go to is in the middle of the gay community. I'm fine with gay people, but sometimes the gym gets weird. I usually do my SLD w/my ass facing a wall or something because I know that dudes check each other out there (@ the gym). Unfortunately most of walls are mirrored!

Its pretty funny to see some huge ripped dude who looks like he stepped out of a muscle mag hitting on another guy!?!?? LOL

One night I was there at like 10pm and there were only a handful of people there. I was working my legs; chillin. Now they play lots of alternative type music; it's more a health club than gym, but they have great free weights and machines etc. They start playing this really sappy Depeche Mode song (the one where the guitarists sings accompanied only by piano-okay I'm a Depeche Mode fan, but I was a child of the early 80's-drop it!). I suddenly got scared; the dudes started to look at each other amorously. I finished my set and split! I saw my neighbor and his girlfriend at the coffee shop the next morning before work-he asked me 'did you notice that one song last night'. We started crackin up! He said he split too he was there alone and it got too weird for him.

So compared to that shit SLD and assisted squats are nothin!

FHG

Top Bottom