Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anybody remember what is was like their first time in the gym?

Hey all, does anyone remeber what it was like their first time in the gym? What did you think of the place? Were you intimidated by all of the "big guys" in there? I remember mine. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw all of the big guys there for the first time. But I thought ah what the hell fuck em someday I will be that big. And after that I trained hard and to my surprise these big guys helped me and gave me a lot of advice. Don't think I would be where I am today without it.

first day at the gym was great, the owner was a 5'6" bodybuilder (about 200lbs @5-6% bf) he helped me a little with learning how to lift etc. but I was so damn weak!! curls, situps and pullups... and dumbell flye's were all that I did for about a month. the guys that I were working out with were really inexperienced and though it appropriate to do 10 sets of bench and chest 3x a week, LOL Mofo's didn't even train thier backs let alone their legs.

then the place got shut down for distribution of steriods and marijuana!! so I lost a 6 months on my membership. if only I was going to that gym now! oh well...

that place was very hardcore, now I'm at a fitness club and I'm one of the biggest dudes there... LOL (not that I'm small but please!)

Hey im kinda new here, yeah ive been only going to the gym for 2 monthes now so i can really remember the first time. didn't know anyone and now that i look back, i realized how weak i was. ive added 50 pounds to the bench since i started, i find that a great accomplishment, along with losing my so called beer belly. having a 6pack coming in and my arms and chest starting to get some form.

Been going to the gym 2 monthes, 6 days a week, 30 minutes of cardio a day and i hit every body part twice a week, seems to be working out great, but i have to cut it down to one body part a week. :D

Yeah, I remember. I was 16 years old and I joined a hardcore gym in the summer. The first day I trained for 2.5 hours, tried to do every exercise!!! Honestly, I was unable to move for over a week. I still came back...

lifting the barbell for my very first warmup of benchpresses was like watching trembling person with parkinson disease :p

It was horrible I was a freshman in high school with all these huge upperclassmen doing huge weights and I sat down at the seated bench machine and put on like 50 lbs and proceeded to do like 5 reps...and you don't even wanna know how bad I messed up in my guess at what the tricep machine did.

I wasn't intimidated by the big guys -- actually they were always willing to help me out. Actually, I remember the weights feeling so awkward -- I thought I woukld never get the hang of it.

Hoo ya.

I was 17, weak as hell, and intimidated. I read arnold's encyclopedia, and started to work out in my room, because I wanted to build a little strength before I went to the gym. At first, everyone kinda looked sideways at the fat, skinny armed, kid that was always waiting at the door. But after three months, an ex pro wrestler, lineman, started helping me, and soon, all the big guys took me under their wings. I don't think that they saw me as the next mr O, but they admired my tenacity. I put on twenty pounds my first year, and changed my life. Thanks to all the guys in that little dungeon, I will be competing in six months.;) E

Top Bottom