Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Doc said to cut protein...please help!!!

Stiffler

well I have some kind of kidney problem, there is a ton of blood in my urine. im waiting to get some tests back to find out what the hell is wrong.

anyway she said to really limit my protein intake, so that means eatting a lot of carbs. right now im cutting high protein low carbs & fat.

so now what do I do is there such a thing as a carb diet that still can produce muscle and keep u lean?

please let me know cause I got to change my diet ASAP:bawling:

SORRY MEANT TO POST THIS ON THE DIET BOARD,,,,

Last edited:
Sounds serious enough for concern, so I would stop your cutting cycle a little short and bump carbs up - you will have to stop losing fat but the good news is that they are protein sparing so you wont risk as much muscle loss. As far as producing mass -were you really expecting any muscle gains while cutting?

Dude

Don't fuck with your Kidneys. Don't worry about your cutting up for now. Get checked out first, see what the real deal is. If worst come to worst your diet will be off for a few days until you get results back.

read a recent report where 2 groups where tested for gaining muscle mass ... creatine + sugar after workout OR whey protein ... well the results came out saying that the creatine+sugar group came out with more muscle mass ... so don't worry about protein too much ... too much protein will kill your kidney ... I've read a lot of studies about that ... for some people it may not be the case, but for you it may be bad to take too much protein.

so better take carb more ... and take milk thistle to heal that kidney .. do water therapy too .. good luck :0

Don't sweat having to cut protein. Try adding high quality high-fat content food and fresh fruits and veggies. Try foods like sardines, bananas, oranges, oat meal and cucumbers. These are some healthy foods, bro.

If your having problems with your kidneys, i'd lay off anything that puts a strain on them, such as Creatine, and protein comes in many forms, whey is protien, but so is meat, and sardines, also some vegi combinations such as rice and beans make up complete proteins.

Tell your Doc your concerns, and ask if their are other ways of getting protein without putting stress on the kidneys.

does someone on the board know if taking Isolate, bovine Serum, or Amino Acids or some other pre-digested protein have less/or no strain on the kidneys

could ask you Doc about that also.

The doc apparently said "limit" the protein. I'm willing to bet what's in a normal diet is acceptable. "Supplemental" protein or a diet that is protein abundant I imagine she would object to. But a little protein in things like fish, I doubt would be a problem. You might want to run that by her before you go overboard in the other direction.

I asked her if I could still take glutamine powder and she said it would be smart to stay away from it......this doctor has been on me about eatting to much protein for the past 6 months,,,,,shes a firm believer in pastas and veggies (low protein) before all this happened she was trying to get me to cut me protein. at the time I was consuming 225g of protein and I weighed 190lbs she said that was crazy....im going to look into a deititian maybe that will help but for now i think I might give that 33/33/33 diet a shot, hopefully i can keep my muscle and still loose a little BF before summer....

please if anyone has any suggestions or anything to offer u would make my day much better because im really down right now......didnt even make it to any of my classes in the past 2 days.:(

You can lose fat and still keep most of your muscle on a high carb diet. It might not be as good as a low carb diet, but it will still work. When I first started cutting I was eating something like 60% carbs 20%pro and 20% fat. Lost heaps of fat, and still kept alot of my strength. Calories are more important than the nutrient ratio.

Top Bottom