Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you believe in Mythical Creatures such as:

SCIENTIFIC METHOD: a body of techniques for investigating phenomena and acquiring new knowledge as well as for correcting and investigating previous knowledge.
it is based on gathering observable empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning. the collection of data through observation and experimentation and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

1. empirical and measurable? (read quantifiable)

you guys are arguing about the kitchen sink and the fuckin toilet is busted. we do not have any evidence to observe much less measure. as far as eyewitness reports please google STIGMATA.
1. santa clause
2. big foot
3. loch ness monster.
these guys have sumthin in common.
ding ding ding.......not ashred of evidence to support existence.
no dna nuthin. save a few highly suspect blurry motion picture.lol.
just a short few hundred years ago we believed the world to be a place of magic, at the mercy of the gods. folks burned at the stake for the crime of epilepsy (demons). unspeakable horror was the soup de jur. then came along a couple of cats sayin "show me the money". CREDULOUS personalities endowed cerebrally a little tougher than most. a few more followed them and WHAMO! science. this is a philosophical thread that doesnt recognize itself as such. science doesnt concern itself with these arguments. this is like kirkegaard vs. darwin.

layinback said:
SCIENTIFIC METHOD: a body of techniques for investigating phenomena and acquiring new knowledge as well as for correcting and investigating previous knowledge.
it is based on gathering observable empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning. the collection of data through observation and experimentation and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

1. empirical and measurable? (read quantifiable)

you guys are arguing about the kitchen sink and the fuckin toilet is busted. we do not have any evidence to observe much less measure. as far as eyewitness reports please google STIGMATA.
1. santa clause
2. big foot
3. loch ness monster.
these guys have sumthin in common.
ding ding ding.......not ashred of evidence to support existence.
no dna nuthin. save a few highly suspect blurry motion picture.lol.
just a short few hundred years ago we believed the world to be a place of magic, at the mercy of the gods. folks burned at the stake for the crime of epilepsy (demons). unspeakable horror was the soup de jur. then came along a couple of cats sayin "show me the money". CREDULOUS personalities endowed cerebrally a little tougher than most. a few more followed them and WHAMO! science. this is a philosophical thread that doesnt recognize itself as such. science doesnt concern itself with these arguments. this is like kirkegaard vs. darwin.
I would have listed God as #1......the mythical being of all time that countless are convinced exists. :worried:

javaguru said:
I would have listed God as #1......the mythical being of all time that countless are convinced exists. :worried:
you are right. the belief in an anthropomorphic "god" in otherwise intelligent ppl is baffling. i think bertrand russell had it right,"those things imbibed us at our parents knee"

The more I studied religion the faster I became an atheist. As far as I know, nobody is murdering other people because they don't believe in nessie.....

javaguru said:
The more I studied religion the faster I became an atheist. As far as I know, nobody is murdering other people because they don't believe in nessie.....
i was born and raised in the buckle of the bible belt. deep south baby!!! i have waged my little war. i think the best contribution to make is with ones children. my little darwinian off spring crush the little baptist off spring. of course they understand that charles darwin was the greatest scientist in history and evolution is THE unifying principle of science. my boys were reading theological arguments (pro and con) when others ther age read harry potter. these beliefs are dangerous corroding threads of society. viral systems that must be broken.

layinback said:
i was born and raised in the buckle of the bible belt. deep south baby!!! i have waged my little war. i think the best contribution to make is with ones children. my little darwinian off spring crush the little baptist off spring. of course they understand that charles darwin was the greatest scientist in history and evolution is THE unifying principle of science. my boys were reading theological arguments (pro and con) when others ther age read harry potter. these beliefs are dangerous corroding threads of society. viral systems that must be broken.
I'm well known as anti-religion on ef.....I have a habit of posting Richard Dawkins links...teh second link, Q&A is the best....

Dawkins at Lynchburg promoting,"The God Delusion"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7yf9GJUfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR_z85O0P2M

javaguru said:
I'm well known as anti-religion on ef.....I have a habit of posting Richard Dawkins links...teh second link, Q&A is the best....

Dawkins at Lynchburg promoting,"The God Delusion"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7yf9GJUfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR_z85O0P2M
selfish gene was one of my first (circa 1980) i am bertrand russell and daniel dennett fan. oh yeah diamond as well. dawkins is B r i l l i a n t. i just dont dig his p.c. take on race and IQ. but who am i? 9th grader from bama lol. oops...i am refering to diamonds take on race and iq.

Top Bottom