Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you believe in lighter weight, higher reps?

Do you decrease do lighter sets?

• No, never. Heavy heavy heavy.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • On occasion I do some lighter sets, or some lighter workouts. But rarely.

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • I do some light sets with each workout (not including warm-up).

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Most of my training revolves around a lighter weight, higher rep range.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Yes, always. I don't lift heavy weights.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've always done my sets in reps of 10-20 while focusing on form.
forget heavy weights and fucked up form..

i'm shredded at 5'11, 190, 12% bodyfat.

You forgot to include some kind of cycling of weights/rep ranges over time. This is done a lot by powerlifters, periodization folks, and, of course, HST-ers. In my opinion, cycling is the best way to utilize high rep sets.

-casualbb

i tend to use a weight i can get at least 100 on working sets and 250 on lighter work

AND DONT FORGET, HEAVY WEIGHTS DONT BUILD MUSCLE.....NITRO TECH DOES!!!!!!!!!

while TUT seem to be important, adding plates to the bar is equally important. That's why I love to do combined sets, starting with a compound movement for low reps, immediately followed by an isolation movement for medium reps.

This worked especially well for my shoulders that used to be very stubborn:

Example chest workout:

1 * 5 flat benchpress combined with 1 * 7 dumbell flye
1 * 5 flat benchpress combined with 1 * 7 dumbell flye
1 * 7 flat benchpress combined with 1 * 9 dumbell flye
1 * 7 flat benchpress combined with 1 * 9 dumbell flye

3 * 7 incline benchpress combined with 1 * 9 incline dumbell flye

also some combined sets where pre-exhaustion is used near the end of the workout:

3 * 9 flat flyes OR cable cross combined with wide grip dips to failure

3 * 9 incline dumbell flyes combined with incline dumbell press

Example Delts workout:

1 * 5 behind neck press combined with 1 * 7 dumbell side raise
1 * 5 behind neck press combined with 1 * 7 dumbell side raise
1 * 7 behind neck press combined with 1 * 9 dumbell side raise
1 * 7 behind neck press combined with 1 * 9 dumbell side raise

3 * 7 millitary press combined with 3 * 9 barbell front raise

3 * 7 upright row combined with 3 * 9 dumbell side raise

3 * 7 arnold press combined with 3 * 9 incline front raise

This kind of routine should give you the neurologic adaptions for both increases in strength while using a good amount of TUT.

For muslegroups like biceps and triceps, where primarely isolation exercises are used I like to start with dropsets for arms for the first exercise and continue with 7-9 reps for the following exercises after that.

Also back, which mostly can be hit only through compoud exercises, I prefer dropsets rather than compound sets...

Last edited:
I'm at the point where I'd rather look big, than be strong. Strength training gave me great density, but now it's time to train for pure hypertrophy, rather than having a huge deadlift.

For me, it will now be a matter of training a few months out of the year with heavy lifts, and low reps, and then more volume, higher reps with lighter weight.

Yes, I do believe lighter weight and higher reps works!

Just about any type of training will work. Static reps, singles, negatives, triple-drop sets, rest-pause, supersets, trisets, reduced resting time, increased rep speed, partials. None of these will work for long, though.

Mixing it up works best for me. I don't like the HST approach because after 2 weeks of 15's with the same exercises, my joints are hurtin, I'm too sore, I go into autogenic inhibition easily. I'd rather mix it up. Much better for me.

I do one or two sets of light and high reps sets after every exercise to help aid recovery or the tendons etc.

"if its easy...its useless"
this is what i use to remind myself to train hard whether it be higher reps with mod weight or low reps with high weight.
why even do an exercise if the weight is so low you can do a million reps?

i do tend to go higher reps for legs but still use mod amount of weight (for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom