Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you believe in Carb Cycling? If so how many carbs?

Good info...
Agreed! Great site!! :) Awesome job woman. Definitely added it to my favorites, will be printing it out soon, and following it! Been looking for a good way to carb cycle. Only have a little bit of experience with this, and what I used sent me into RIDICULOUS mood swings...no good! We females know this is best to be avoided, since we already go thru these once a month :) hehe

Agreed! Great site!! :) Awesome job woman. Definitely added it to my favorites, will be printing it out soon, and following it! Been looking for a good way to carb cycle. Only have a little bit of experience with this, and what I used sent me into RIDICULOUS mood swings...no good! We females know this is best to be avoided, since we already go thru these once a month :) hehe

LOL...no kidding. and thanks!

My only feedback on this article is that for starting out, it can seem quite complex...they do low, moderate and high days. I have experimented with just doing low and high days as well, treating the high days like a refeed day. It's a bit easier to manage. Anyway...it gives you some idea of what carb cycling can look like. Now if only there was a "chocolate day"...;)

In a carbohydrate and 100% Whey Protein Isolate supplement, which per serving ratio would you prefer:

1. 50 grams of carbs + 20 grams of protein (from WPI) - 22 servings tub

2. 70 grams of carbs + 20 grams of protein... - 17 servings tub

3. 70 grams of carbs + 25 grams of protein - 17 servings tub

Last edited:
I mostly stick to old fashione oats, my secret weapon...japanese sweet potatoes, brown rice and cream of rice. What are your carb staples?

Roxy, lol, yes only if there was a "chocolate day"!

On average, women should lean towards 125-175 grams of carbs on low days and 200-300 grams on higher days. Men, 175-225 grams on low days and 350-400 grams on high days. Like I mentioned before, every person is different and may need to play with these numbers a bit to find what works best for you.

Pay attention to how your body is feeling. If you are lacking in energy and feeling very week, increase your starchy and fibrous carbs, but focus your starchy carbs around your workouts. But, if you have plenty of energy, but aren't seeing any fat loss results, slowly decrease your starchy carbs.

I have recently been doing a low carbohydrate diet for 5 days and then 2 higher carbohydrate days.

I cycle carbs. Day 1-4, 30 gms. Day 5, 120 gms, simple to complex. Then repeat. Just started adding coconut oil.

to be honest i can't take the strength loss.. messes with my head to much.... I'll hold 12-26% bf instead and drop to 10% 2-3x per year..

but i do it carb cycling when I drop.. 2 days up.. 5 days down.. sub 50g..

Chesty, we gotta get you eating more carbs! Lol! Coconut oil is great, I will submit a great multigrain, low fat oatmeal pancake recipe using coconut oil!!

Top Bottom