Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Difference between l-glutamine and glutamine peptide?

BIGbouncer

How can you make "Glutamine peptide?" Glutamine is one simple aminoacid, and peptides are 2,3,4 -> different aminoacids which are in chains.

Do they make a chain of several glutamine acids? If so, what is the purpose of that?

And by the way, what does the "l" in l-glutamine mean(and the other aminoacids)? By some reason I've never paid attention to the "l" :)

Thanks

glutamine comes in other forms as well as the free form L and the peptide bonded. the main difference between the free form and the peptide (bonded to a protein) is that the free form is more easily assimilated through the portal blood system, while the longer peptide bonded has to be digested throught the GUT. which means more of the peptide is lost in the process due to a longer period of time spent in digestion. also the peptide bonded is more stable in solution.

BIGbouncer said:
Difference between l-glutamine and glutamine peptide?

A few $$$ :D

I am not sure the 2 forms are really different in terms of efficiency

I'm wondering if it is not a new product the sup. company have processed in order to sell Glutamine (which is a simple and cheap sup) a little more

FitnessFrk said:
glutamine comes in other forms as well as the free form L and the peptide bonded. the main difference between the free form and the peptide (bonded to a protein) is that the free form is more easily assimilated through the portal blood system, while the longer peptide bonded has to be digested throught the GUT. which means more of the peptide is lost in the process due to a longer period of time spent in digestion. also the peptide bonded is more stable in solution.

Thanks for your reply!

But, I know the difference between a free aminoacid and peptides, and how they digest etc. The issue here is how a simple aminoacid as glutamine can be a peptide?
You said it yourself "and the peptide (bonded to a protein) ". To call it a peptide, aminoacids must be in a chain, and is the peptidechain big enough we call it a protein.
What is the glutamine "chained up with"? Itself, other aminoacids....?? It has to be something, when they call it "glutamine peptide".
That's my question:)

IMAO,

2 AA (here L-Glutamine) bounded is a peptide (di-peptide)
3 AA = tri-peptide

the free form L-glutamine is bonded to alanine or glycine, the end result is glutamine dipeptide.

L-glutamine is more effective than the glutamine peptide as less is "hijacked" during the digestion process.

OK Thanks

Why don't they say that the free amino acids is bounded to glycine or alanine, and that it is actually a dipeptide? The label nor the homepage tell us that...

You still havn't told me what glutamine peptide is... I know it's not digested as well as l-glutamine.

If the glutamine peptide is bounded to even more than 2-3 other aminoacids it should not be called "glutamine peptide", just "amino peptide"(and amino peptide you can get in the shop).

That's why I can figure out this :)

hehe, It's damn early where I'm from. I guess you can see that by looking at my last sentence in my post, for example :D

I CAN'T figure it out!

Top Bottom