Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Delts and Traps? Bulldog? Needsize? Buehler?

uh god knows about 14% I think.. theres a pic on the pic forum of me from last week and a couple lbs heavier.

My mistake....I always do heavy d-bells, but was thinking of tossing in a few behind the necks on the SMith to blast them.....your delts respond better to low or high reps?

JKurz1 said:
My mistake....I always do heavy d-bells, but was thinking of tossing in a few behind the necks on the SMith to blast them.....your delts respond better to low or high reps?

actually, i alwayS TRAINED HIGH SetS LOW REPs, for strength... i just changed to the 8-10 rep range, i gained about 12 poundS IN 8 WEEKs from it. so i think my whole body responds better to the more reps more sets. i still love to lift heavy, ill just change between the 2 ways of training from time to time..

when i do more volume fro delts i do:

seated front barbell press - 12, 10, 8, 8, 8 (maybe a set of 6)
behind the neck press - 12, 10, 8
wide grip upright rows - 12, 10, 8, 8
side raises - 12, 10, 10, 8 (maybe a drop SET)
shrugs - 15, 12, 10, 10, 8

i like rear delts on back day

for strength

push press - 3x5, 3x3
thats it

then some side raises and shrugs. it works for me

JKurz1 said:

Just hit a few barbell military presses. I love them, but i dont go as deep as most, not behind the neck. I use the same grip as i do on bench, very wide, so once my arms hit parallel, i go back up. You can stay behind the head, but save the cuffs and only go to the top of your ears.

zxe003 said:
Here's what I've been throwing in every now and then:

Start with a superset of standing Arnold presses (starting dumbells faced palms towards you) with dumbell upright rows (same dumbells...go light!)
35'sx8 (Arnold's), 35'sx8 (upright rows) x 4sets

*Make sure to keep the rest periods only 30-60 secs.

Standing dumbell side laterals (again...light!)
20'sx8 (3 sets)

*When you begin these, your first few reps should be static holds. Extend the dumbells out and hold at top for a count of eight, then lower. Immediately go into next rep same way. Do as many reps as you can this way (you'll probably only be able to do 4 or 5 depending on what weight you use) then finish out your reps with regular side lat's but make sure to keep constant tension on the delts...don't come all the way down. Again, keep rest periods as short as possible.

Alternating cable side laterals for rear delts
20lbsx8 (each side) for 3 sets

*Use the cables with no attachment. Keep pinky up and thumb pointed to the floor through entire rep. When raising the weight, stop halfway up on the rep and hold for 4 seconds, continue upward motion and complete rep. Do not bring weight all the way down at bottom of rep, same principle...constant tension.

Give it a shot, see if it works for you. Since I've incorporated this into my routine I've seen more definition and development than the last 2 years of training with a standard shoulder routine. Plus, with short rest periods, I've been getting a pump in my delts after these workouts like I've never had before. Good luck.

*Traps should really be done with back day IMO.*

How long does this routine take you bro?

Any more replies?

have you ever tried power shrugs for traps, i was turned on to these by animalmass and madcow. Nothing has ever hit my traps as hard, and has made me as sore. It is like an controlled explosive shrug. I don't do much trap work, but that and deads seems to be all one would need. i would think delts would be pretty easy, not too much their, just need to find out what you respond too better, high or low reps. If thier is not info on here about powershrugs i will try and find some links for you.

jcp2 said:
have you ever tried power shrugs for traps, i was turned on to these by animalmass and madcow. Nothing has ever hit my traps as hard, and has made me as sore. It is like an controlled explosive shrug. I don't do much trap work, but that and deads seems to be all one would need. i would think delts would be pretty easy, not too much their, just need to find out what you respond too better, high or low reps. If thier is not info on here about powershrugs i will try and find some links for you.

Thanks bro - post your routine..........

I'm not too sure what I respond to best, honeslty..........

Some days. a couple low rep sets is all I need to fry the delts...........on others,
I feel like I need 25+ sets to accomplish...........very weird. I was thinking of switching up my normal presses for some arnolds today and then maybe hitting behind the necks at the end on the Smith for a pump.........

Top Bottom