Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Defense against large breed dogs?

JL_204 said:
A few days ago at a pool party me and my friend were trying to push eachother in the pool and his pitbull grabbed my whole thigh in his mouth. He didnt bite hard he just let me know he was there and didnt like what i was doing.
Thats some scary shit. If he clamped down i dont think theres much i couldve done.
Maybe i couldve slapped an armbar on him somehow. lol.
Jump into the pool with it on your leg, hold onto the side while it drowns.

I would say a choke of some sort. There was some story in the news a few months back that some chic that wieghted 105lbs got attacked by some huge ass dog that was 130lbs while she was trying to get into her apartment. And she was a bjj practioner and choked the dog's ass out till it died.

The messed up part was the dog's owner was pissed that she killed their dog and wanted to press charged on her or take her to court.

I had a pretty big sized german shepard come at me while I was running along a wooded trail. I stopped and prepared myself to fight the dog. I kept eye contact and he would run at me then stop at the las moment and wuss out and run away. Then his owner was trying to get him so I thought it was ok to take off running again. lol stupid f'ing guy couldn't get his dog under control so as soon as I started running again dumb ass dog comes at me again. So I stop and face him and stare him in the eye - and the dog wussed out again.

I usually carry a knife with me due to the trail I run on is near a ghetto area. But of course the day I need it I didn't carry it lol. But when I was facing the dog I was thinking of getting a rear naked choke on him.

Got attacked by a dog in Bangkok a few years ago. Frightening shit. Used a shopping bag to fend away the dog by hitting him on the nose with it. He was a vicious mongeral. Not a nice experience

riverrock said:
Got attacked by a dog in Bangkok a few years ago. Frightening shit. Used a shopping bag to fend away the dog by hitting him on the nose with it. He was a vicious mongeral. Not a nice experience
Damn, what was in the bag, a frozen turkey?

Snypr said:
Damn, what was in the bag, a frozen turkey?

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Dog Food - Pedigree Chum!

Seriously, had a big bag full of all kinds of shit in it. Didn't think I'd be using it as a weapon!!

I know a bit about this as my parents raise german shepherds, some have which have gone through attack dog and police training.

Dogs (like humans) are not born with the ability to fight. They must be trained or learn the hard way to fight effectively, this includes biting. Sure, they are all physically capable of it, but not all know how to do it properly. Most often, dog bites are like punches thrown by newbies, cute and irritating but rather ineffectual.

In my experience a dog gets disoriented quickly when you take it off it's feet - they don't like that. A previous poster wrote that they will go for the closest target, usually your arm (because most people hold their arms out to keep the attacking dog away). I've found that you open up your arms, kinda like you are opening up for a hug. The goal is to draw the dog just close enough to reach in and grab his neck from both sides for a takedown. Make sure that takedown is fast and hard, and get him on his back.

Dogs are hereditary pack animals by nature and being on top and holding them down establishes you as dominant. You may need to hold them down for a few minutes, but once they are helpless they will realize you are in charge.

This isn't hard to do, but overcoming your fear in the face of growling, barking and flashing teeth is a different story. If the dog does get his teeth on your arm, jamming it into his throat does work. Remember here that his greatest (in fact only) weapon is immobilized so use that time to get him on his back and get on top of him.

delphiOne said:
I know a bit about this as my parents raise german shepherds, some have which have gone through attack dog and police training.

Dogs (like humans) are not born with the ability to fight. They must be trained or learn the hard way to fight effectively, this includes biting. Sure, they are all physically capable of it, but not all know how to do it properly. Most often, dog bites are like punches thrown by newbies, cute and irritating but rather ineffectual.

In my experience a dog gets disoriented quickly when you take it off it's feet - they don't like that. A previous poster wrote that they will go for the closest target, usually your arm (because most people hold their arms out to keep the attacking dog away). I've found that you open up your arms, kinda like you are opening up for a hug. The goal is to draw the dog just close enough to reach in and grab his neck from both sides for a takedown. Make sure that takedown is fast and hard, and get him on his back.

Dogs are hereditary pack animals by nature and being on top and holding them down establishes you as dominant. You may need to hold them down for a few minutes, but once they are helpless they will realize you are in charge.

This isn't hard to do, but overcoming your fear in the face of growling, barking and flashing teeth is a different story. If the dog does get his teeth on your arm, jamming it into his throat does work. Remember here that his greatest (in fact only) weapon is immobilized so use that time to get him on his back and get on top of him.

That makes alot of sense. Ill have to keep this in mind the next time i encounter a viscious dog.

yea I have a Doberman. Shes very sweet, but when we adopted her... the people at the Doberman rescue said if she did happen to attack me, push your forearm back into their mouths. Never had to do it, but thats what i`ve been told.

good ideas delphione...but what if it's some HUGE ASS dalmation mix with something...i was walking my dog like a month ago and this GIGANTIC dalmation that looked like it took Growth hormone was about to come and attack me n my little weak dog - i was gonna try and kick that shit if it attacked but as it was charging and got like ~7 ft close to us its owner yelled loud n called it back n it stopped...i don't think i could have put that dog on it's back even though im great at takedowns...lol...it was TOO big - in that case would kicking its face be ok? or is that just asking to get your foot eaten?

Top Bottom