Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Defense against large breed dogs?

mace!

or use your forearm preferably wrap your jacket around your arm and keep it in front of you

Seriously though. Large breed dogs attack the first thing they can get to. So if running is not an option and you have no weapons then you have to expect to get bitten. I would say the throat and the underbelly are the two weakest places on a dog and should be your point of attack. Try to use a jacket or shirt as the first thing the dog attacks and then try to get it of it's feet. If you do this you have pretty much taken away the dogs advantage. It would be anaglous to taking down a boxer and taking away his hands.

shamrock11 said:
Seriously though. Large breed dogs attack the first thing they can get to. So if running is not an option and you have no weapons then you have to expect to get bitten. I would say the throat and the underbelly are the two weakest places on a dog and should be your point of attack. Try to use a jacket or shirt as the first thing the dog attacks and then try to get it of it's feet. If you do this you have pretty much taken away the dogs advantage. It would be anaglous to taking down a boxer and taking away his hands.

About what I was thinking, if you can get it off its feet, that would be half the battle. Crippling blows, dislocate hips, take away its ability to lunge.

Coming from a Marine Corps Background I've had the privilege of having some advanced H-H combat training and dogs had been covered...

What is said above is true...but the most effect way to handle a dog is use striking moves as it comes in aiming for the nose (the most sensitive area on a dog, more so then the family jewels) or the throat. If you miss or don't hit with enough power, which will almost always be the case with a large dog. your going to end up grappling the thing. Your best action is give it your fist...like Shamrock11 said they go for the first thing they see. So offer your fist straight out...your going to get bit...but the idea is to shove your fist down it's throat and gag it. If you get it down far enough quickly enough, it can't clamp down. It's stick and brutal, but remember it's the one trying to bite your neck off.

Awwwh I read this and think of my poor little Dexter getting all beat up. Why are you worried about dog attacks? How often are you in contact with untamed, aggressive large breed dogs?

i have an aggressive Great Dane, and a gentle one, the aggressive one was teased by my neighbors son. (threw batteries and such at him from on top the fence.

One day im going to make that fence fall down when the kid gets up on it again.

let my pup go after that little fucking terror.

deltreefitness said:
Awwwh I read this and think of my poor little Dexter getting all beat up. Why are you worried about dog attacks? How often are you in contact with untamed, aggressive large breed dogs?

Not often at all, but it would be the most common dangerous animal attack possible, why not be a boy scout and be prepared? Don't worry, I doubt Dexter would attack me unprovoked.

Top Bottom