Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Days of HUGE gone by?

danthebb101

I've been weightlifting/bodybuilding for 35 years (I'm 49 y.o.). I first started training at a local gym in the late 70's early 80's. Back then, steroids were easily available, and so easily obtained by black marketers that there was virtually no counterfeit product. As a result, there were A LOT of really big, strong guys in those days. I was just a kid, so I didn't indulge in AAS, but I remember some of my older friends did, and they were monsters.

Now, I look around the gym (and other gyms I visit and train at) and it seems the guys with the best physiques are the older guys, over 40. I do HRT, and so does a lot of the over 40 crowd at the gym. We get real AAS from our Dr.'s. and it shows. The younger guys I see obviously are not getting real juice, and it shows, and yes, I've heard their complaints: fake stuff, counterfeit, garbage from China etc. etc. I've even tried to obtain some underground stuff myself and even with my multitude of connections, it was all bogus crap. So what's my point in all this? The irony in it all. While I do see some younger guys with impressive physiques, and God bless'em because they're probably doing it naturally, it seems the older guys have a huge advantage nowadays, and it shows. When I have 20 somethings telling me they want to be built like me, I'm almost ready to tell them, you'll have to wait til you're an old guy and qualify for HRT before you can take your physique to its potential. It seems ridiculous that I should have to tell a young person to wait til they get old to look good. It's absurd! But that's the reality of it, and I really feel bad for them.

Now, I know there's a whole lot of young guys on this forum who are exceptions to this, and hats off to them, I have the utmost respect for these fellas and their work ethic, but the overall picture in the gym scene from what I'm observing is its really hard nowadays for a young guy to try and achieve a standard that is unobtainable without AAS use. JMTC.

I think what you are really noticing is us older guys just have more muscle maturity from years of lifting. That harder denser looks takes longer to get

Maybe they appeared bigger as you were younger too. I know when I look back even 5 years some of the guys I thought were big were not big at all. The bigger you get the definition of big changes. There is a lot of crap around but there is also loads of real gear... it's everywhere. There are big guys everywhere in my city. In my old gym at any given time there would be at least 10 (sometimes 30) big guys training... big as in 230 and lean and above. My new gym is smaller but I have already seen a lot of big guys... lots of muscular women too.

Maybe they appeared bigger as you were younger too. I know when I look back even 5 years some of the guys I thought were big were not big at all. The bigger you get the definition of big changes. There is a lot of crap around but there is also loads of real gear... it's everywhere. There are big guys everywhere in my city. In my old gym at any given time there would be at least 10 (sometimes 30) big guys training... big as in 230 and lean and above. My new gym is smaller but I have already seen a lot of big guys... lots of muscular women too.

Agreed there are tons of big guys at my gym but most of them are 30 and over. It takes time and dedication to get big but Elvia has a point as we get bigger our definition of big sure does change.

I think it has more to do with what is seen as the ideal body now. We are in an era where people are looking for aesthetics over mass.

I think it has more to do with what is seen as the ideal body now. We are in an era where people are looking for aesthetics over mass.

Yes seems like physic is getting more and more popular but in the same token it takes a lot of hard work along with the right genetics to become a monster like Heath, Green, Wolf, Ramey and Jackson

True in some ways but there are still plenty of big guys. There are just tonnes of small guys who train chest and arms everyday in their little vests. Nothing wrong with that but times are changing. Gyms are opening up everywhere near me and there is reason for that. None of these gyms are hardcore BB style gyms... more fitness and crossfit etc. Many of the newer physique guys are quite big though. Lets not also forget though the bigger guys many years ago were smaller than the big guys of today. Part of me wants to trim down but most of me wants to get huge :biggrin:

True in some ways but there are still plenty of big guys. There are just tonnes of small guys who train chest and arms everyday in their little vests. Nothing wrong with that but times are changing. Gyms are opening up everywhere near me and there is reason for that. None of these gyms are hardcore BB style gyms... more fitness and crossfit etc. Many of the newer physique guys are quite big. Lets not also forget though the bigger guys many years ago were smaller than the big guys of today. Part of me wants to trim down but most of me wants to get huge :biggrin:

Getting shredded will make you look bigger though. We talked about that before brother ;)

Top Bottom