Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting Poll: (low carb, low fat or low carb, high fat

When cutting eating low carbs, do you prefer?

• Low Carbs, High Fat (CKD, BodyOpus, etc)

Votes: 63 27.3%
  • Low Carbs, Moderate Fat (25-35%)

Votes: 106 45.9%
  • Low Carbs, Low Fat (20% or less)

Votes: 60 26.0%

• Total voters
The reason you increase the carb intake is not only to refuel the muscle with glycogen storage but it also increases leptin levels which is great for burning fat. Most people are afraid of losing muscle mass like I was because the muscle needs carbs for size, because carbs attract water into the muscle, but I have gotten stronger and maintained weight while losing body fat. So this means that I gained muscle mass while losing fat.

There is no one way to lose body fat, so multiple methods will work.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The reason you increase the carb intake is not only to refuel the muscle with glycogen storage but it also increases leptin levels which is great for burning fat. Most people are afraid of losing muscle mass like I was because the muscle needs carbs for size, because carbs attract water into the muscle, but I have gotten stronger and maintained weight while losing body fat. So this means that I gained muscle mass while losing fat.

There is no one way to lose body fat, so multiple methods will work.

Lol extremely doubtful without gear.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

You can without gear as I have. Your weight will fluctuate during the week but when I stopped my diet I dropped 4% body fat and stood the exact same weight WITHOUT GEAR. The only thing I was taking was protein, creatine and a preworkout.

Ya I call bullshit. You mostly likely gained water weight and maintained strength with the creatine. You simply don't gain muscle and burn fat unless maybe you are completely new to working out. Or with a lot of gear by manipulating hormones.

It really doesn't matter what you think because the carb loading will feed the muscles glycogen storage and repair them which would lead to maintaining of muscle mass and during the week your body turns to using fat for energy because your in ketosis. I suggest you read a little more about exercise physiology and nutrition before you go calling bullshit.

It really doesn't matter what you think because the carb loading will feed the muscles glycogen storage and repair them which would lead to maintaining of muscle mass and during the week your body turns to using fat for energy because your in ketosis. I suggest you read a little more about exercise physiology and nutrition before you go calling bullshit.

I tend to agree with you. When I shift my diet to protein and fat I maintain all my strength and drop fat pretty quickly as well. With or without gear. My joints feel better too when I am higher in fats which helps me lift more. Some nights before bed I'll eat 100 grams of fat easy...on top of the 150 or so I've had throughout.the day and i never feel bloated.

Sent from my LG-D803 using EliteFitness

Lmao ya because so many top bodybuilders do the whole keto diet crap. It sounds great in theory but all you do is drop numbers off a scale. Just look around these forums. Anyone on tons of juice following crap keto diets only look like they are on the verge of steroids & being natty. The guys that actually control macros and calorie intake are impressive natty or on gear. I see it time and time again, all these people that fall for these cheap diets and in the long run they get skinny fat and have nothing impressive unless they were obese when they started.

Post some pictures, I'd love to see these strength gains you maintained compared to the guys that control their carbs.

First of all you do control your calroies to make sure your in a calorie deficit. Also most of the pro bodybuilders don't need to do this because they are on many types of gear for various reasons. Also gear generally raises you LDL even with proper supporting supps and considering this diet is high in fat wouldn't be smart.
I also said there are many different ways to diet and in theory as long as you are in a calorie deficit then you'll lose weight, but if you want to maintain muscle mass then you have to manipulate things. Most people on here don't know anything about nutrition and only follow what other people say, I am not one of them. All I'm saying is this is not the end all be all diet but it does work. As people above even stated this diet does maintain muscle mass while lose fat, it's essentially the body opus diet which I'll gladly send you the pdf of.
Also I stopped this diet and trying something else just because I want to see what else works for me. I'm 5'9 180lbs at 8% body fat. I don't intend to be a bodybuilder because I am a hockey player. My workouts and nutrition are tailored to my needs.

If you want to pm me about this I'll gladly talk about it but I do not want to keep hijacking this dudes thread.

First of all you do control your calroies to make sure your in a calorie deficit. Also most of the pro bodybuilders don't need to do this because they are on many types of gear for various reasons. Also gear generally raises you LDL even with proper supporting supps and considering this diet is high in fat wouldn't be smart.
I also said there are many different ways to diet and in theory as long as you are in a calorie deficit then you'll lose weight, but if you want to maintain muscle mass then you have to manipulate things. Most people on here don't know anything about nutrition and only follow what other people say, I am not one of them. All I'm saying is this is not the end all be all diet but it does work. As a matter of fact I stopped this diet and trying something else just because I want to see what else works for me. I'm 5'9 180lbs at 8% body fat. I don't intend to be a bodybuilder because I am a hockey player. My workouts and nutrition are tailored to me needs.

Lol 5'9" and 180lbs. If that isn't enough proof that a keto diet is retarded then you went off the deep end... You have just studied the things you want to hear. Every person I've ever known, master degrees in the field, personal trainer, competitive bodybuilders all laugh at keto diets. Every women and man I know that ends up doing them comes to the same conclusion, "why does my physique look like shit", "I've lost a ton of weight but why don't I look tone", "how do I tighten up" etc.

They're only great for one individual. The one that likes to take gear but also likes to claim he's all natty. Because his gains are hindered enough that people can believe him. By all means, do the keto diet if you like wasting time and energy.

This diet isn't straight Keto that's the reason. If someone if doing straight Keto all the time they will look like shit and feel like it because the body needs carbs to survive and fats as well. This diet is cyclical Keto not straight Keto.

Top Bottom