Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting Poll: (low carb, low fat or low carb, high fat

When cutting eating low carbs, do you prefer?

• Low Carbs, High Fat (CKD, BodyOpus, etc)

Votes: 63 27.3%
  • Low Carbs, Moderate Fat (25-35%)

Votes: 106 45.9%
  • Low Carbs, Low Fat (20% or less)

Votes: 60 26.0%

• Total voters
when cutting my diet consists of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats...when i cut my carbs lower than this i lose to much muscle

I've done both. Went from ~30% BF to ~14% BF with low carb, moderate/low fat. Lost a lot of muscle.
Then I went from ~18% BF (after a good cut) to 10% BF with low carb high fat... Didn't lose a cm off my major muscle measurements.

Hands down low carb moderate fat for absolute weight loss (After all, fewer calories = faster losses) but for preservation of LBM I'm always going to suggest high fat keto.

Low carb with 1 carb up day a week, and running has worked well with me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EliteFitness

My 2 pennies worth is this,

I keep my carb intake very low, basically oats for breakfast and1 large butternut squash every 2 days is my main carb intake. And protein is split between leaner chicken breasts 4-5 per day or slow cooked pork shoulder, higher fat but two days a week is fine for me. 1 high carb day per week, white rice or pasta. Fruit is my main snack, occasionally rice cakes with chocolate topping. Peanut butter is a good way of upping carbs if necessary. This has been my diet for the past 3 months, and has seen my body fat go from 11% to 9% the only cardio I do is my job which is very physical. Never do cardio in the gym, unless it's pre contest, in which case it's in my target heart rate, max on 141bpm.

Somebody posted this on here and Im givin it a try
Carb cycling is definitely the way to go...follow this guidline:

Carb Cycle

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - No carb days (eat all VERY lean meats like chicken breasts/tuna/turkey etc. and leafy greens...Protein shakes should be made with water. Use skim milk on the other days days)

Tuesday and Saturday - High carb days (150g)

Thursday and Sunday - Low carb days (50-75g)

**Do not count your leafy greens as carbs because things like Spinach and Broccoli are considered "free food" in which you should be eating on a regular**

Protien: same everyday: Body Weight x 1.2 to 1.5 (to get a high and clean Protein intake, a Protein powder is NECESSARY along with an Amino Acids supplement to prevent muscle loss)

Fat: Same everyday: 50g (albeit good fats - Essential Fatty Acids/Fatty Fish/Lean Cuts of Steak/Nuts/Seeds/Avacados etc.)

You MUST lift heavy and hard in the gym to keep the muscles you've got...concentrate on Compound Lifts (Squats/Deadlifts/Bench/Dips/Overhead Presses/Pullups/Rows). If you lift heavy enough, you will not have to do isolation exercises (i.e. curls/tris etc) because the compound lifts will recruit enough muscle fibers to set the foundation starting out. After a couple months it would be ok to supplement in some isos. On the High Carb days, coordinate it with lifting your weakest body part (my guess is your legs) as you will be highly anabolic. Do cardio 2-3 times per week on any carb day, it won't matter until you get into single digit body fat where it tends to get stubborn.

That is how I personally started cutting and I actually put on muscle all the while losing roughly 25 lbs of pure fat. I'm currently at 9% body fat at 6' 1" 210 lbs and my goal is 6% BF...believe me you will make fast steady gains with this routine.

Remember: LIFT HARD AND HEAVY AS HELL IN THE GYM and you CANNOT fail with this!

This looks interesting, have you done any calculations on calorie deficit per week in conjunction to your maintenance cals to preserve muscle .
That's all I'm worried about ,

Keto. More specifically the Dave palumbo diet has far surpassed my expectations. High protein, high fats, low carbs. Great for holding onto muscle while on a deficit. Great fatloss, and plenty of health benefits...not to mention after 2 weeks on the diet you feel GREAT. Keto for the win IMO.

I've been doing 5 day low carb high fat/protein with 2 carb up days (low fat) which I also increase my daily calories by over 1000 and have lost 3% body fat while maintaining my body weight. Went from 12% to a little under 9% in a month with little to no cardio.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I've been doing 5 day low carb high fat/protein with 2 carb up days (low fat) which I also increase my daily calories by over 1000 and have lost 3% body fat while maintaining my body weight. Went from 12% to a little under 9% in a month with little to no cardio.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I've started carbs about 200g carbs split between breakfasts d workout meals ,
Fats about 70-80g
Protein 1.2 x lbs body weight ,

I like idea of low n high carb days but think its easier to log consistently this way

If I drop carbs too low all my muscle goes away. Granted, I'm not on gear yet. But I just get my gram of protein per body poundnin, get 20% of my daily calories from healthy fats and fill the rest in with carbs. And then I'll adjust carbs and fats as I drop weight. Simple and consistent and I never drop in strenght.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EliteFitness

Top Bottom