Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crum diet Mixing fat wtih carbs = bad?

Warblade

I couldn't sit through all 30+ pages of the Crum Diet to search for this, but, why exactly is mixing fat with carbs a bad idea?

Is this a bad idea in general (cutting or bulking), or just for Crum's diet?

i'll take a stab at this...

if you take in carbs it raises insuln and allows your body to store fat. So if you take in fat with a lot of carbs, you will store the fat since the carbs will be used for energy instead.

not sure if i explained it correctly. can some one explain this better?

As far as I know John Berardi over at T-mag really started the whole not mixing carbs and fat in meals thing. The idea was that combination of these 2 macronutrients in one meal creates an environment more likely to favor fat storage than either of these eaten alone. However his general guidelines were to keep carbs less than 10g when eating fat and keep fat less than 5g when eating carbs.

However this was outlined in his massive eating diet which was meant for bulking. Mixing these 2 macronutrients has far less of an impact when dieting because you are in a negative energy balance and shouldn't be storing any calories as fat regardless of meal composition. Those that believe John's theory should check out last week's T-mag as he actually is now saying it's ok to mix carbs and fat while dieting. That's not to say you should eat 100g of carbs and 50g of fat together, but mixing them in moderation isn't a problem. If it was then an iso-caloric diet wouldn't work and most of us know that's not true.

Top Bottom