Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crossfit anyone?

I know this thread is pretty old lol but I thought I might ask if anyone has tried crossfit with weight lifting? I've been starting my workout with 4 rounds of crossfit then heading to the weight room to work on whatever muscle group I have that day and then returning to the other room for one last session of crossfit. I wanna put size on but still keep up cardio a bit and stay lean. Didn't know if anyone else had experience?

I have actually and it's not my type of lifting

The reading I have done on cross it is all good besides the fact that it is in the top of the list with sports and the highest injury
Some might disagreed but the statistics prove to be the case
Lots of high reps volume hitting the same muscle day after day with explosion and speed..

As u see in the crossfit games the joints take a heavy load on lots of the lift

I am bit on the standArd lifting throw some active rest i between sets and ur good to go!

Ahh I see what your saying. I have about 1 year of dedicated crossfit experience. So my form and diet are on point. I see many people lose form towards the end of the workout due to fatigue. I'm going to keep up this routine for a few more weeks and see how my gains turn out. I wanna bulk up but with the least amount of fat possible and other than having a good diet this is the only way I see that happening for me.

Yea most crossfit pros are jacked

When u watch the crossfit games it is impressive
What are u stats just out of curiosity ?

And what are u goals?

I'm 6'1" 196 with 15% body fat (that's just an educated guess on the bf)
The past 5 weeks I went on a big carb loading diet to gain weight but now I've cut out the carbs a good bit.

Bench press -250lbs
Squat- 285

I'm really into calisthenics more than I am weight lifting. I lift weights mainly to build size. So my goals are to stay at about 190 lbs and lose 4-6% body fat. I know I need to get my bf measured and I will next week.

Yea I agree with the bf 15% is at the top end for me I don't go past 12 when bulking

I always use leg days for my best cardio work I hit two times a week heavy heavy but high reps

Example is 250 for 25 reps on squat will burn some real cal!!!

When I do regular squats it's 405 but I go for high reps with heavy weight for my cutting protocol

Just hit legs today 80 lb dumbbell lunges for 30 reps if that does not get the heart rate up idk what will

I prefer those kinda lifts over crossfit more of a bb style with high reps for me it's better than the explosions

Next time u hit legs try 225 for 25-30 reps see how u like it it's lower than ur max squat so should be good !!!

Just a tip

Wow just reading that and I already feel the Burn 😂😂. I'm definitely doing that this week on leg day. Thanks for your advice bro. What's ur diet like? You say you stay under 12%bf?

I'm currently on low carb 50 g
High fat moderate Pro...

I am shredding to 6-7% before I start my bulk regimen April 15

Currently 8% about 199lbs

Tomorrow is chest just got off the phone with my training partner we are hitting bench 185 lbs 100 reps before our chest lift will prob knock it out in 12 ish min we train heavy high reps two weeks on and then hit two weeks drops and two weeks supers we keep it switched up

When u hit lifts like that the after burn is wicked crazy
U stAy burning fat long after the lift the intensity is wild no need for hours in the gym u should not be able to go past 40 ish min that's how I lift in and out of the gym dead but loving it !!

That's a great way of training that I have yet to try out. I'm definitely thinking about incorporating that into my routine. I just started my low carb diet so it would be a good time to start. Do you sacrifice muscle mass when doing such high repetitions?Thanks for your advice bro!

Honestly when ur weight is heavy it won't sacrifice mass

I keep bcaas between evey meal

But the point of that high rep training in not to use it everyday it two times a month maybe three and the point is knowing u can't do all 100 straight u can get like 50 straight then need to knock them out by 10 or even 5 reps with a spot

Check out mike Rashid overtraining

They have a wicked drop see barbell 200 rep and a 100 rep db challenge

I have been training that way for a wile now it's a good switch up to keep ya burning and tight

Some of my lifts are 25 min but I get more work in and feel like ima puke at the end !!

Here is the drop set

Copy this and paste it into YouTube

I did this with 5 lbs instead of 10 lbs
Crazy pump

Top Bottom