Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

continue with school or stay at union job?

as a student, state of CA will take care of his healthcare. MediCal will cover wifey and kiddos if wifey ain't got no bennies.
Pennsylvania doesn't have anything like that. You either qualify for Medicare or you're covered by your parent's insurance. If life circumstances dictate that you don't fall into those two categories you're basically fucked.

That's it! That's fucking it! I'm releasing your IP from my network for good u bitch ipconfig /release
I shall not /renew motherfucker :mad:

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using EliteFitness

You can't I'm in your back door for good. How's my malicious worm feel?

Here's PA's child healthcare assistance program: CHIP Eligibility & Benefits

2w3rhao.jpg

If they're making less than $47,100 then the kid's care is free
If they're making less than $58,875 then the kid costs $48 per month
If they're making less than $64,763 then the kid costs $67 per month
If they're making less than $70,650 then the kid costs $77 per month

2w3rhao.jpg

Glad doesn't live in PA and FYI, the rules are totally different when you start talking about people over the age of 18. Amazingly enough, perfectly healthy young people over age 18 get sick, too. For instance, I had to be hospitalized for a full week when I was 27. Luckily I had insurance but if I hadn't I would have died 21 years ago because there is no way I would have gotten our family into that kind of a financial jam and I would have died from what I had otherwise.

But like I said, Glad lands butter side up. He'll be just fine no matter what he does. Fucker is the definition of dumb luck.

Glad doesn't live in PA and FYI, the rules are totally different when you start talking about people over the age of 18. Amazingly enough, perfectly healthy young people over age 18 get sick, too. For instance, I had to be hospitalized for a full week when I was 27. Luckily I had insurance but if I hadn't I would have died 21 years ago because there is no way I would have gotten our family into that kind of a financial jam and I would have died from what I had otherwise.

But like I said, Glad lands butter side up. He'll be just fine no matter what he does. Fucker is the definition of dumb luck.

Health insurance debate makes me shiver, with universal care my hubby would have died, without insurance I'd have a $52k debt and with the insurance I had I ended with $2800 debt, had it been today it would me about $7200, what a mess...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using EliteFitness

Pennsylvania doesn't have anything like that. You either qualify for Medicare or you're covered by your parent's insurance. If life circumstances dictate that you don't fall into those two categories you're basically fucked.

And I bet Pennsylvania isn't nearly as broke as CA is either!

2w3rhao.jpg

Wow. That's pretty fuggin good deal for parents. 70K goes a long way in PA too.

Yeah, CHIP (Child Health Insurance Program) isn't half bad, kind of PITA because it's basically an HMO but if you have no health insurance through your job but are overqualified for state medical assistance it's a lifesaver. My son was covered from the time he was about 15 until 18. I was working full time making about $30k but my company didn't offer health insurance and I couldn't afford personal health insurance. I had no healthcare but at least the kid was covered, damned good thing too, he broke his elbow in gym class and needed immediate surgery, would have destroyed me.

When you turn 18 the rules flip though. I think you have to be making less than $12k a year as an individual to qualify for state health insurance.

The quantity, size and scope of the safety nets out there are unbelievable.

Can you believe 47 million people get food stamps?

Nine million people get social security disability.

108,592,000 people received benefits from means-tested government programs in Q4 of 2011 (I know, it's a little dated).

And when you add in non-means tested programs like Medicare and Social Security, that number rises to 151,014,000

* Source: 2011 Census data

The quantity, size and scope of the safety nets out there are unbelievable.

Can you believe 47 million people get food stamps?

Nine million people get social security disability.

108,592,000 people received benefits from means-tested government programs in Q4 of 2011 (I know, it's a little dated).

And when you add in non-means tested programs like Medicare and Social Security, that number rises to 151,014,000

* Source: 2011 Census data

Yeah, it's about 40-50% of America on some sort of gov't assistance. Wonder how they vote?

Top Bottom