Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Complex v. Dextrose

Twitched

Can you guys give me your opinion when it is appropriate to eat complex carbs (oatmeal in my protien shakes) , and when it is appropriate to eat dextrose?

twitched

you would only want to consume high gi carbs (dextrose) in your postworkout shake, this is b/c high gi is absorbed more quickly and will create the best insulin spike compared to complex carbs which is what you want postworkout in order to shuttle the protein to where it needs to go as well as restore muscle glycogen.

complex carbs (oatmeal) is the best carb choice to eat any other time of the day other than postworkout, this is because at these times you do not require energy thus you do not want an insulin spike, if you were to get as high as an insulin spike that is created from high gi carbs when you are unactive the quickly absorbed nutrients will not be used and stored as fats. this is why complex carbs are a better choice any time of the day other than postworkout, because they are absorbed more slowly and will not have as much as an effect on blood sugar levels.

check out what I do on my double days

this basically restates what 110% in a more practical Visual form

meal 1.....small serving of complex carbs--------low protien

workout

meal 2.....small serving of high Gi carbs---------moderate protien

meal 3.....crusiferous vegitables------------high protien

meal 4.....complex carbs--------low protien

workout

meal 5.....small serving of high Gi carbs---------moderate protien

meal 6.....crusiferous vegitables------------high protien

if you don't workout for a second time during the day simply cut out meal 4 and up the protien if need be in the other meals

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Last edited:
Top Bottom