Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Complete Overhaul!!!

mphowells

After doing the same over and over for quite some time it's time to change. How would you recomment splitting up, I was thinking:

Chest
Arms
Back and shoulders
Legs

Input appreciated.

This is how my split is.....

Monday: Chest, bi's
Tues: Legs

Weds: Off

Thurs: Shoulders, tri's
Fri: Back

This works great for me. I also hit abs about twice a week.

FRC21 said:
This is how my split is.....

Monday: Chest, bi's
Tues: Legs

Weds: Off

Thurs: Shoulders, tri's
Fri: Back

This works great for me. I also hit abs about twice a week.

really, you slit arms? Never thought of doing that, not too sure if I'd like it to be honest.

mphowells said:
really, you slit arms? Never thought of doing that, not too sure if I'd like it to be honest.

To tell you the truth I really don't do that much for bi's or tri's after I hit the major muscle group that day. Big bi's come from a heavy BACK workout and big tri's come from heavy close grip bench and chest workout.

In theory is this ok,

Chest
Arms
Back and shoulders
Legs

as in back with shoulders, or should I be looking at chest and shoulders?

mphowells said:
In theory is this ok,

Chest
Arms
Back and shoulders
Legs

as in back with shoulders, or should I be looking at chest and shoulders?

Are you taking any rest days between that split? I could never go heavy after back day on legs because my traps would be too sore for the squat bar and my lower back would be torn up from deadlifts the day before.

Also if you do Arms the day before back and shoulders won't your arms be pre-exhausted and not allow you to pull as much weight?

FRC21 said:
Are you taking any rest days between that split? I could never go heavy after back day on legs because my traps would be too sore for the squat bar and my lower back would be torn up from deadlifts the day before.

Also if you do Arms the day before back and shoulders won't your arms be pre-exhausted and not allow you to pull as much weight?

were't in any particular order mate. I suppose I would do:

Chest
cardio or streching
back & shoulders
cardio or streching
Arms
Legs
cardio or streching

This is my split
Cardio 4-5 times per week in the mornings

tues - chest, tri's, abs, forearms, calves

thurs - back, bi's, abs, forearms, calves

fri - legs, abs, forearms

Sun - shoulders, circuit training (1-2 exercises per body part)

It's more traditional to do chest with tri's and back with bi's.
Your tris get hit hard with most of the chest excercises so it doesn't take much to finish them up after you train chest. Like wise for bi's after a back workout.

Top Bottom