Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest training

you should be looking for at least 50 sets for the BENCH!
I can tell by the way you type you are welsh so give it a good hard welshy boyo go now son!!!

EFFORT AL, CHECK IT HO!!!

LOL

chest

50 sets? yeah right! Ever hear of something called over training? My chest routine is quick, simple, and most of all PRODUCTIVE. Train chest 1 day per week. Do 2 sets of einther falt or incline bench press then 2 sets of DB flies. Use a weight that will cause you to go to positive failure in 8-10 reps. If you can go to 8-10 reps on both sets with the same weight, add weight on the first set. The more sets you do means you need to give your body more time to recoup from the workout.

LOL @einstein

12 sets for chest is a good number to aim for no more than 3-4 sets per exercise though

12 sets for chest is undertraining

16 sets is better

4 sets of incline barbell presses
4 sets of incline dumbbell presses
4 sets of incline dumbell flyes
4 sets of cableflyes

don't do flat benchpress because they don't hit your
pec muscles like they should

I wouldn't go over 14 sets for chest unless I was on AS...

10-12 sets is plenty if your intensity is high.

your choice

how many is too generic of a question.... it depends on your training goals and work ethic. Dorian Yates was known as Mr. Intensity. Other pro's avoided working out at the same time as he did because they were intimidated. He often did only 1 set per body part, he would just use a lot of techniques to get the most out of that set and work the muscle until it was dead. However if you just train with straight sets and dont use any shocking principals, i recomend 9 to 15 sets using 3 exercises. Use less sets with the most weight for low reps on power days, and higher sets and reps on normal days.

Yeah XXX-Ray's routine is really good in my opinion. Incline presses are a much better pec-builder than any flat press to me. Flat barbell presses are an ego builder and dont hit the pecs rather the front delts and triceps. Thats just what I think you may disagree. I favor Incline Barbell and Dumbbell Press. This really thickens up the area around the collar-bone giving you a much more armored-plate look that so many bodybuilders strive for. My routine goes as follows-
Incline Barbell/Dumbell Press 3 SETS
Incline Dumbbell Flyes 3 SETS
Decline Dumbbell/Smith Press 3 SETS
Flat Dumbbell Flyes 3 SETS
I pyramid up in weight trying to maintain the same # of reps every time. I have been going for 5-8 reps lately but I am thinking about switching it up and hitting 12-15 reps or maybe including both high and low reps to really tax all of the possible muscle fibers. Well PEACE good luck. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom